Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah I am on the latest firmware. I shall wait patiently then! Thanks for the response.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so it could be possible soon to play games on jailbreak ps3 systems with v3.56?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No. This is talking about installing pkgs only - you can't run them until the npdrm algo is updated to run on newer fw. Once that step is achieved, I believe working backup managers will be not far behind.

Arrow

Following up on the previous article for the 3.73 JailBreak by Sony PlayStation 3 Hacker KaKaRoToKS, today he Tweeted that it was leaked.

Once the leak surfaces we will post it on the main page as always, but there is no need to copy and paste all of their childish (and in some cases profane) 'drama' Tweets in the Forums here... those who wish to follow it can do so directly on Twitter.

Update: The leak issue is resolved (it wasn't a leak), more information here : [Register or Login to view links] Thanks everyone!

Ok, so I dug and figured out what happened... GOOD NEWS! There was no leak! Although you never really know, but I'm more and more convinced that it wasn't a leak.

So first of all, thank you to all who gave their support and the twitter flood was extreme. I am really happy to see that many concerned users in the scene, with a very few exceptions, I noticed that most people were disgusted and unhappy with the leak, someone summed it up pretty nicely "While I should be happy that it's leaked, I'm not, I'm disgusted, I don't even want to use it now". So thank you, with your support, you have given me joy and the confidence that this scene has a lot more voices than the few angry haters.

That being said, here's an explanation of what happened.

Someone came to talk to me on IRC asking "Is this how you did ? " and he gave some explanation.. which was true. At that point, it could be either coincidence or a leak, but what made me believe in a leak is that he said something (which I can't really tell what it is) that was very unique and special and weird and you wouldn't expect it (even if you found the same 'exploit'), and that little detail was specific to my jailbreak. Unfortunately, the guy went offline before I could reply to him, so all I could see was that it was a leak.

After going around, only 6 people actually knew of the jailbreak's method, and I spoke to all of them and I trust them all and I'm sure none of them spoke about it with anyone. It turns out, the person who approached me asking "is this how you did : .... " had not received any information from anyone. When I finally caught him online and asked him where he got that information, I realized that it was simply someone who was clever enough to figure it out.

As for that one detail that was quite unique to my jailbreak, it turns out it was miscommunication.. the guy meant something completely different from what I understood, and yes, I guess I was just being paranoid and I interpreted it in one way. But when he explained what he meant by it, it made sense... now that I read his message again, I see exactly what he meant, but since I couldn't understand it first, the only way I could interpret it was to understand it as being that detail specific to my method. Life is hard when one word/sentence can be interpreted in multiple valid ways...

So anyways, that's how it is, it looks like nothing was leaked, so everyone's happy now. But this was a wake up call actually, it just reinforced that I should be even more cautious and avoid talking about it to anyone until it's ready.

On that note, progress was made even though I'm on vacation, and it's going well, I won't say anything else

Thank you,
    KaKaRoTo
    From IRC: Level 2 peek poke, bypass secure code 77700x0100 3.76, inject false code, ps3 syscal 320000x0 error... thats how its done.

[usb jailbreak] 3.7+ info

There is not a video as of right now, but there's a p.o.c that work's on a stock 3.41. (Mind you this IS NOT a jig, you also need to hack another device). The problem is the ps3 authenticate's certain device's (There's more than 30 device's you can preform this with). There is no P.O.C for 3.7+ as i don't have a 3.7+ console atm (This is a zero day)

The hardware ranges from 80-200+ dollar's, and i will not be selling this hardware (It's already on the market). I will not be finishing the project myself, but i will be handing off the work i have so far to someone else to complete. I will be sharing more information soon, although this will always require hardware, Won't allow cfw, and will only allow lv2 access.

Kakarotoks gets annoyed very easily and is not shy with the F word.

I just wish we get a nice Christmas present from Santa (AKA) Devs.

There will be a nice present, if you want to drop $100+. The problem is the hardware hack is patch able. Also atm unless very skilled people can build the hw for you, you need extensive skill's to modify the existing hardware to exploit the current ps3 fw.

(This is not to say it can't be done, it's easier to pull of then the ps3jb exploit after you have the hw built/modded ) Right now don't expect a software based jb other than the Kakarotoks jb...

I just heard that 3.73 jailbreak has been leaked.

The jailbreak hasn't been leaked, the 'method' has but no files. Also, the method is incomplete and only allows Sony to fix it in a future update.

P.S. The jailbreak KaKaRoToKS was working on didn't allow backups anyway.

Sponsored Links
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News