Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i thought the whole point of console hacking was to play back ups.. i mean come on.. LOL

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    True, but the whole point of tweeting this crap is to still be a superstar.

Don't repeat JH mistakes and do not promise anything in a definitive way, be vague and it will make it into news and people will read any idiotic crap, that cretin like kkrt posts.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm with just about everyone else here. There is no point in making a 3.73CFW if you don't want to run backups. ALL homebrew works in 3.55CFW or 3.41CFW or 3.15 so WHY even bother making a 3.73CFW if it can't run backups? Thats the only reason people want a 3.73cfw is to run backups that are for a higher firmware than 3.55.

I doubt anyone wants a 3.73cfw if it can't run backups. That's just stupid. Yea, its like making a gun but not making bullets, they go together. CFW and playing backups go together.

Quote Originally Posted by medi01 View Post
    True, but the whole point of tweeting this crap is to still be a superstar.

Don't repeat JH mistakes and do not promise anything in a definitive way, be vague and it will make it into news and people will read any idiotic crap, that cretin like kkrt posts.
    You got a good point. There is no other reason he tweeted that except to be noticed and in the spotlight. Well he works with Math so I'm guessing some of his crap has worn off on to all ps3 devs now.
    Last edited by spunkybunny; 11-22-2011 at 10:37 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The only reason he is creating this MFW is so that the people above 3.55 who wish to use HOMEBREW (he couldn't care less for anybody who wants to run back-ups as its against the law) can use it.

Lol )

Q&A from KaKaRoToKs from the ps3 dev wiki:

Q: Will I need special hardware (e.g. flasher, dongle, modchip etc.)?
    A: No.

Q: Will homebrew work?
    A: With NPDRM fixed, yes. Showtime would certainly be possible.

Q: Will recent games play correct?
    A: Yes, its 3.7x, sure it plays all 1.00 - 3.7x games.

Q: Will PSN work?
    A: Yes, its 3.7x, sure goes online without problems.

Q: Does it have Peek& Poke?

Q: Do Backup manangers (e.g. MultiMAN, Rogero etc.) work?
    A: No, see previous answer.

Q: Does it gets us keys?

Q: Does it gets us "CFW"/MFW?

Q: Does OtherOS++ (Linux/FreeBSD) work?
    A: No. Sony removed OtherOS feature after 3.15 and OtherOS++ relies on modifying the firmware.
    See previous "CFW"/MFW question.

Q: Will it allow downgrade?

Q: Does it work on all PS3 models?
    A: Yes. all current models.

Q: Are there brick risks?
    A: No (standard disclaimer: It will be tested rigorously before release as you can expect from anything that KaKaRoTo has put his name on).

Q: Will this only work on 3.7x?
    A: No. It was pretested on 3.60 and again confirmed on 3.73 before any public Tweet about it.

Q: What if Sony releases 3.74/3.80 before release
    A: In that case it will be pretested on that version.

Q: Will my old homebrew still work?
    A: No. All homebrew need the fixed NPDRM. Homebrew that relies on specific other patched functions (e.g. Peek&Poke, BDemu etc.) will not work either.

Q: So why are all the newssites hyping this that it does give CFW?
    A: Because they don't read wiki's/blog's Besides, every minor news gets 'prolly CFW soon!' tagged by the bad ones.

Q: Is there a release date?
    A: No, besides KaKaRoTo not able to work on it for 2 weeks, it also relies on (other people) fixing NPDRM.

no backup manager + no cfw = worthless. Someone else better get working with him. Though, I speculate once he does release it, someone will come along and enable those features. Until then, it's worthless to the majority of people. Backing up your games is not illegal, regardless of what some may think.

i'm interested to see what he has found if its not cfw and requires no hardware..

omg i've got it.. by reading all of the above "tweets" myself i have come to the conclusion, that the mastermind KaKaRoToKs has found 3.73 OFW... LOL but seriously sounds interesting and if its really him i guess its true.. time will tell but until its released it doesn't effect me so i'll wait patiently and see what happens after the festive season is long gone i guess...

Does anyone know if this will allow us to bypass the Cinavia copy protection? Because I would be pretty happy with that.

Banned User
    There is already a way to bypass it. If your on 3.41 or 3.55 you can disable it already.

If you're on higher there will be a way to do it on that version too soon.

Sponsored Links
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News