Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 is Hacked by George Hotz - Hello Hypervisor, I'm GeoHot!

Sponsored Links
    The PS3 is hacked, at least according to [Register or Login to view links] on his latest blog entry (linked above)!!!

This news comes just under a month after he resumed PlayStation 3 hacking!

To quote: "Hello hypervisor, I'm geohot

I have full read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor.

In other words, I have hacked the PS3. The rest is just software. And reversing. I have a lot of reversing ahead of me.

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.

Shout out to George Kharrat from [Register or Login to view links] for giving me this PS3 a year and a half ago to hack. Sorry it took me so long :)

As far as the exploit goes, I'm not revealing it yet. The theory isn't really patchable, but they can make implementations much harder. Also, for obvious reasons I can't post dumps. I'm hoping to find the decryption keys and post them, but they may be embedded in hardware. Hopefully keys are setup like the iPhone's KBAG.

A lot more to come..."

PS3 is Hacked by George Hotz - Hello Hypervisor, I'm GeoHot!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Holy Shnikes! What a headline! Got that heart skips a beat sensation when I saw this. I suppose one of the next steps would be to duplicate this on another PS3 and hopefully he shares what he has learned with the appropriate people to analyze/investigate further. Here's hoping!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Amazing news!!

big respect to all DEVs!!

Anyone want to comment on how he managed to get somewhere when on his blog and here devs have been saying he would not be able to do it with his chosen method? Wondering if he tried some other way.

Well, this is it I guess. Congrats again george, lets see those baby steps now and lets see if we can have something cool by may working

Yeah!! Very good news indeed!!

This guy is close to nuts and we have to give it to him, at his short age he is indeed a hacking genius. Whatever the method he used doesn't matter as long as he can give us a way to homebrew. We've seen a lot of development on ps3 dev consoles like mame emulators and what not, so if he opens the door a lot of devs can come in and develop for all of us.

Cool

Word from the PS3 Dev channel is that GeoHot dumped lv1 apparently... so we'll see what happens from here as he shares more details.

Flawless victory

I was following his tweets when this came across and I was like "YES!". I knew it wouldn't be long for it got posted here. Good work Geohot!

Un-be-lie-va-ble!!

Could this be true? Let`s hope so and wait to see Goehot`s next posts. What do the resident devs have to say about it? Do they think it`s possible that he`s done it so fast? I mean, he`s got credibility, hasn`t he??

And could CJPC say something about Geohot`s comments on a hardware exploit? Any idea what could it be?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News