Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: PS3 hack status

Sponsored Links

Question PS3 hack status

Sponsored Links
    I'm not from sony or anything but since most people (newbies like me) dont have access to the dev section we cant see whats going on. I'm wondering though if there is collaboration between the various groups trying to hack the ps3?

if there isnt why do the hackers choose to work alone instead of sharing their work? As someone trying to enter the scene i'm wondering though from the group of hackers here where can we look at the information you have so far on the ps3 and what have you tried. what has worked, what hasn't so maybe we can work together to get this machine hacked.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nothing is shared until a few things happen. 1) its significant. 2) its easily reproduces and 3) its an exploit that cannot be blocked before we get it to do what we need.

the problem with posting public development updates is sony can see them too and stop us in our tracks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You know what, I ignore posts like this, but I'll answer you because maybe someone should make it sticky or something to stop the same from being posted time and again.

The reason why nothing of real value is made public, or that the real hacking is done in private, is to do with the huge amount of wankers and wannabe's who throw around the collective "we" - yet do nothing of note themselves.

I won't mention names, but there are enough pretenders out there who sit on their asses and then publish others "work in progress" in order to get their e-***** extensions and/or hits to their websites.

Pray tell, what can you do to assist? What skill can you (and anyone else who has the same questions as you in future) actually bring to the table?

If you counted on your hands the amount of real hackers who have done the real work (and I am also talking on X360 and Wii here) you would have less than 10 people. Everyone else is a hanger on stealing oxygen and wasting bandwidth.

So there you have it, the reason no one publishes anything of any real value is simply that putting that information out there does nothing more than bring the efforts of the few who wish to remain silent to light, in order to promote the interests of the wannabe's and flag the potential exploits to SCE.

If you want to be part of the "we" you so casually throw around - then bloody well get off your butt and do something about it, instead of posting some bs asking why no one will give you their hard earned work on a plate.

RPS.

Thumbs Up

Nice replies from both JeffJ and RPS... +Rep! As for what has been done and publically posted, you can read about it in the 10+ pages of articles here: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Dev

As for the private progress, well.. it's not public yet so there is no way to find out until the people doing it wish to make it public.

PS: I will Sticky this for awhile as RPS suggested!

Arrow

Just a quick update: The PS3 hack status is officially changed to hacked publically, as PS3 game back-ups can now be ran using PS JailBreak.

More details are here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ups-98654.html

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News