Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Hack Exploit SX28 Hardware Arrives, Bring on the Hypervisor!

Sponsored Links
    Today the PS3 hack exploit SX28 hardware arrived, so we can begin work on dumping the PlayStation 3 Hypervisor to examine!

Up to now, both GeoHot and xorloser have successfully performed the PS3 hack while a few others simply obtained GeoHot's PS3 Hypervisor dump to study privately.

Needless to say, the rest of the PS3 scene including most of us here, have been waiting to take a peek at the unencrypted bootloader and Hypervisor lv0 and lv1 dumps.

We started by writing a Ubuntu Guide (as did titanmkd HERE) and attempted to use a 555 timer to obtain the 40ns pulse required to trigger the exploit, but like many others who attempted this we too had no such luck!

Luckily xorloser shared some propered code to trigger a 40ns pulse using an SX28 chip. They are a bit harder to find, and a little more expensive (as you need a programmer) but the method is sound.

That brings us to today, and our SX28 chips and programmer arrived - so we will be recreating the hardware, and giving this a go soon!

PS3 Hack Exploit SX28 Hardware Arrives, Bring on the Hypervisor!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Awesome!

Sponsored Links
    Great news!

I really hope you get to see the 'good stuff' now...

Good luck and enjoy!

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    So when is the first backup loader going to be released?

Great to hear this are moving forward.. hope to read more on your findings in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper2122 View Post
    So when is the first backup loader going to be released?
    It's probably safe to say that is still a ways off, mainly because all this does is dump the lv0 and lv1 so that Devs can examine them for holes to escalate privileges to lv2 for such things.

Right on CJPC. Glad we have some "local" talent able to work on dumping the hypervisor. I'm sure you'll show it who's boss.

Live Hacking

A live web cam feed would pretty cool of this "event" or just the linux console.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Boy View Post
    A live web cam feed would pretty cool of this "event" or just the linux console.
    Right now all you are missing from the IRC PS3 Dev room is CJPC working on a way to automate the HV dumping at the moment he's doing it manually a few hundred bytes at a time.

[Register or Login to view code]

I'm sure he'll get it soon enough though, one way or another.

Thumbs Up

Hell yeah, CJPC! I wated for these news Now that CJPC will soon have his own dump to study (oh wow, ambiguous), I'm thinking about how far the other sceners are?

Maybe they found something useful already but won't tell anyone?

Nice, You guys got all the toys Good luck on your search for the elusive Hypervisor.

I look forward to reading more on the progress...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News