Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Great news! Waiting next step of hacking

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I hope you can hack completely the PS3.. I want FULL MKV play

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I second the post that people need to stop asking for an ISO loader.

Edited By Admin: Let's keep things civil, friendly and on-topic here!
    Last edited by evilsperm; 02-10-2010 at 12:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mihaiolimpiu View Post
    Hopefully we will have these dumps running in the wild soon enough... It really makes me wonder why it took so much time to do it...
    Mainly due to what CJPC outlined in the first post... everyone was trying the cheaper 555 timer for a week after it was released, and then when xorloser posted a slightly more reliable SX28 method new parts had to be ordered to reproduce that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze1988 View Post
    They won't post the dump in a public place tho, since it is copyrighted by Sony.
    Correct, once the full lv0 and lv1 dumps are obtained we will sort out the best way to pass them along. My preferred method is through an actual scene release on topsites, but if that doesn't work it will be done via IRC probably... and of course those who grab it from there will upload it to the other channels (P2P, torrents, MU/RS etc).

I can confirm it will definitely NOT be posted here though, only news of the "leak" will like all warez releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Preceptor View Post
    @dante489 : Nobody knows the usefulness of the exploit to the purpose of running homebrews yet. But it did gave hypervisor level of access to the system memory so it will probably be useful in the future.

Now, as some guy posted before, there will be a lot of reverse engineering of the two lower levels of the chain of trust and the hypervisor, so hopefully in the future holes will be found.

About GeoHotz work with the ps3 : In my opinion, I think that in his gigantic ego and need for praises he said the phrase of the year "fine, one tweet... i just hacked the PS3." In doing so he attracted more attention in one week than his whole career as an iphone hacker

So I think $ony probably pressured him to stop working with the ps3 or risk being sued to the bone... If he said something like "I think I managed to access some restricted system memory" he would've got a LOT less unwanted attention.

Imo he should've kept working till he got a Hello World running through GameOS before announcing anything. But I don't know if he wanted to get that far. Just my thoughts on the matter.
    thanks man !! i think you have a lot of good points and i hope CJPC and other devs can make something out of it!

i still can't understand! Geohot say that ps3 is hacked but other say that its not u need lvl 2 dump

So is ps3 hacked? Sorry for noobs question but can you answer?

Cool

TUHTA, im not sure myself; but i think what geohot did was pave the way. The first step in hacking the PS3. Like open the door kinda say. Now its just a matter of time before other DEVs put in their share to fully hack the system.

I prob don't make any sense but thats how i understand whats going on. Anyone feel free to correct me with better terms...

So ETA of the dump is Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News
    Correct, once the full lv0 and lv1 dumps are obtained we will sort out the best way to pass them along. My preferred method is through an actual scene release on topsites, but if that doesn't work it will be done via IRC probably... and of course those who grab it from there will upload it to the other channels (P2P, torrents, MU/RS etc).

I can confirm it will definitely NOT be posted here though, only news of the "leak" will like all warez releases.
    you'll release a dump of it, so others can try crack it? man that will be nice..

but can all great crackers, without a ps3, also give it a shot? or do you need a ps3 for it?

Is this mean that homebrew will come out soon?

Sponsored Links
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News