Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    What exacly are you guys trying to do with all this hardware stuff or trying to find?
    This is basically an alternative to trigger the PS3 glitch exploit that some (who haven't done it yet) may find easier, less expensive or just more convenient if they have the parts on hand.

The main issue with the previous attempts, athough they all do work, is timing... to trigger the glitch it takes a lot of patience and very accurate timing. This method aims to reduce the precision needed to generate the required pulse.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    Ok i got a complete noob question for you guys.. What exacly are you guys trying to do with all this hardware stuff or trying to find? Is anything being tested with software or what? i don't understand anything that has been going on since George released the exploit.
    From what I understand (at least according to the posts i've followed) people are trying to recreate loading metldr to decrypt .pkg's and .self's. I'm not completely solid on why but people are also trying to dump LV2 (possibly the two goals are related?). Ultimately the goal is to use the decrypted information to run unsigned code.

I understand the importance of finding out and understanding all of the system calls, but is the intention to use this information to find an additional (easier to achieve) exploit and then use that to run unsigned code? Or is the intention to use the current exploit? If I had to guess i'd think the intention would be to just run unsigned code, and keep a lookout if an easier exploit pops up along the way (after everything is properly dumped and mapped).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This Glitch Finder is little over the top, the demo board cost alone must be in the range of $1 k USD. Gezzz. I think a 555 timer would do the same thing.

But the question is where does one tie the Glitch Finder too on the ps3 main (mother) board? Which device and what is the pin number?

Registered User wickedpenguinbo's Avatar

Question

Hi,

Nice work on the design, nice board. Do you have a Circuit diagram for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Denbo44 View Post
    This Glitch Finder is little over the top, the demo board cost alone must be in the range of $1 k USD. Gezzz. I think a 555 timer would do the same thing.

But the question is where does one tie the Glitch Finder too on the ps3 main (mother) board? Which device and what is the pin number?
    I found the answer to my question , in xorloser’s blog under PS3 Exploit: Hardware.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12