Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @theguy99 It looks like yes, he has 3 friends online.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Question. Why is this FTP homebrew better than the first one made for the jailbreak way back?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, it isn't necessarily the case that this is always better. Some people had issues with the old ftp server and for some of them this works better. On the other hand some people are experiencing issues with this release and so they should stick with the old ftp server.

Point is. Just use what works for you. As far as I can tell they both have about the same features.

Quote Originally Posted by d3adliner View Post
    Guide please? And also, how do I change the XMB icon for it?
    extract the pkg with make_package_npdrm -x (or the pkg extractor gui program), decrypt the self (unfself), open the decrypted self with a hex editor, search for the strings you would like to change and change them, fake encrypt the self (make_fself), compress all back into a pkg (you can change the icon on this step also), and you're done.

I didnt think the original ftp server sucked.. No, the people using it who don't know wtf ftp is are the ones who "Suck" I think i'll stay with cjpc version he is by far a great programmer and had this idea first...
    Quote Originally Posted by theguy99 View Post
    In the first picture is he signed into psn??
    Sure looks that way to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Just tested this. Confirmed that it works with multiple file transfers at once without freezing or locking up. This is a much more stable PS3 FTP server. It has no problems connecting. This should work well with many different FTP PC programs.

The new one by blackbox doesn't tell you the PS3 IP, so keep CJPC's FTP app installed for that purpose until blackbox's is updated to support that feature.

I'd like to see some animation or "screen saver" feature to prevent this from possibly burning into my TV.
    yea i noticed before cjpc's version gets the ip from a .sprx file. try running the original ftp server without the ethernet wire plugged into the ps3 and you'll see which file it uses to get the ip...
    Last edited by junior2k9; 09-24-2010 at 04:29 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cbl81 View Post
    Thanks works great! Very speedy and stable
    Speedy, yes! Bug free, no!

Make sure any folders you copy have no spaces or characters other than letters or numbers or it will mess everything up!

I learnt the hard way!

Quote Originally Posted by izac01 View Post
    Question. Why is this FTP homebrew better than the first one made for the jailbreak way back?
    Because it's more stable. It would be nice if the next blackb0x FTP release contains a function of displaying your IP address on screen... My network always change my PS3's IP address. I know I can make it static but I'm too lazy, lol.

Go on your router & change your DHCP lease. (1 week is normal)

Exclamation

this one doesn't work on Private Networks IPs 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

Just like the other program, this works just fine for me.

The only issue I'm having is that it doesn't report file >4GB's correctly, ie. with Metal Gear Solid 4-the demo.dat file ~13GB but shows in the Filezilla and other FTP programs as ~387 MB's. It took me awhile and several transfer attempts before I realized what was going on.
    Last edited by oust62139; 09-24-2010 at 11:01 PM

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News