Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by userix View Post
    Not sure if anyone notices this problem, but whenever the FTP hits a bunch of small files, the transfer speed drops drastically to a point where it would take hours just to transfer those files. But when it hits a large file (couple gigs in size or larger), it blazes at 25MB/s.
    Turn off Max transfers = 2 (set it to 1) if you're using Filezilla.

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3WALL View Post
    Any ideas why this is happening? Happens on my PS3 as well...
    nope... just some sort of compatibility issue. I switched back to 1.0b and all is well again. I'm staying with this version.

Plz help

why is there no clue in the nfo to where to copy the files intended? Is it the same dir for all games independable to the method of JB-ing your PS? Is it dev_hdd0/ game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/[Your game here] as I've read?

Anyone class, class anyone?

Thnx, Blackb0x, it's a wonderful tool! But something went wrong between v1.0b and 1.1: 1.1 is cool 'cause it can delete, rename, etc. And because it shows your ip and saves screen But it gives me lots of problems when I try to upload files PC->Internal.

So now I use 1.1 almost all the time, but when I have to copy something to internal, I change it to 1.0b everytime.. Plz, fix it and all will be wonderful Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by userix View Post
    Not sure if anyone notices this problem, but whenever the FTP hits a bunch of small files, the transfer speed drops drastically to a point where it would take hours just to transfer those files. But when it hits a large file (couple gigs in size or larger), it blazes at 25MB/s.
    I have encountered the same problem. Large files are blazing fast at around 30MB/s. Small files can transfer at less than 1 MB/s.

I'm using blackbox 1.1b, Filezilla (on win7 x64) with active transfer setting and maximum connections set to 1, PSGroove 1.1, Open Manager 1.13. I have only transferred two games so far. Both were successful but Demon's Soul was the game that gave me the above problem.

Arrow Blackb0x FTP Server 1.2

Blackb0x FTP Server 1.2 Released, to quote via PSGroove:

blackb0x is at it again. This time releasing an update to their popular FTP Server, version 1.2. The latest version promises more stability with the Filezilla client, which should be music to some users ears.
    Changelog:

1.2)
    - Fixed auto-exiting when using the PS3 Remote Control instead of a gampad.
    - Removed leading "/" from roots
    - fixed multiple transfer connection issues for filezilla. More then 1 transfer connection at a time should work.
    - Fixed misreported file size for files over 4gb.
    I have also updated the first post with it now.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Attached Files Attached Files

Nice!!!

+1 for you on the update.

Quote Originally Posted by curecancer View Post
    I have encountered the same problem. Large files are blazing fast at around 30MB/s. Small files can transfer at less than 1 MB/s.

I'm using blackbox 1.1b, Filezilla (on win7 x64) with active transfer setting and maximum connections set to 1, PSGroove 1.1, Open Manager 1.13. I have only transferred two games so far. Both were successful but Demon's Soul was the game that gave me the above problem.
    This problem is common to any FTP server... Not just the PS3.

The problem lies in the most part with the access speed of your harddrive. Large files are usually contiguous and therefore allow the harddrive to spin faster/longuer whereas small files are spread accross the HD which makes the access time longer.

Furthermore everytime a new file is sent a new request is made with the server which takes up time.

Lastly Even large files start with slow upload speed very early on in the transfer... since the smaller files only take a split second to transfer, this means that they never get the chance to speed up!

i had been using cjpc's ftp server.. and was getting around 30-40MBs.. i switched to blackbox 1.2 and am only getting around 11ish.. so i switched back to cjpc's and im still only getting 11ish.. gigabit nic in pc.. gigabit router.. gigabit switch behind entertainment center.. obviously gigabit ps3.. and cat6 ran throughout the house.. any ideas on how to speed this thing back up?

Quote Originally Posted by cedriclv View Post
    This problem is common to any FTP server... Not just the PS3.

The problem lies in the most part with the access speed of your harddrive. Large files are usually contiguous and therefore allow the harddrive to spin faster/longuer whereas small files are spread accross the HD which makes the access time longer.

Furthermore everytime a new file is sent a new request is made with the server which takes up time.

Lastly Even large files start with slow upload speed very early on in the transfer... since the smaller files only take a split second to transfer, this means that they never get the chance to speed up!
    Thanks for the explanation. I thought I was missing a setting in Filezilla somewhere.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast