Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not sure if anyone notices this problem, but whenever the FTP hits a bunch of small files, the transfer speed drops drastically to a point where it would take hours just to transfer those files. But when it hits a large file (couple gigs in size or larger), it blazes at 25MB/s.
    Last edited by userix; 09-27-2010 at 02:45 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well 1.1 is giving me problems. Wouldn't work at all in passive and multiple connections. Switched it back to active and 1 connection at a time and it works but getting timeouts and failed transfers. Guess it's back to 1.0b as it worked perfectly in passive and multi, with no timeouts.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If i copy all contents of hdd 1 on other hard drive (hdd2) using this programm, and put second drive to console, ps3 perceive as their own, or ask to format? And if it does not, how can I make this move?

Quote Originally Posted by DimasDNA View Post
    If i copy all contents of hdd 1 on other hard drive (hdd2) using this programm, and put second drive to console, ps3 perceive as their own, or ask to format? And if it does not, how can I make this move?
    No you can't do that, the twats at Sony have made it so the content is linked to the console that it was downloaded/used on. You can backup and restore onto the new drive then just download all the content you had onto your new drive from the PSN again, or use the data transfer utility. If you JB though and want to keep it intact, then you are screwed.

I installed FTP ver 1.1 and when I run it reboots to XMB without ever opening. Any reason for this?

I use 1.0 and it works great w/o PASV! I have a direct ethernet cable connection to my laptop. Transfer rates average to 25MB/s.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    i saw a speed boost from 9mb/s to 12mb/s. Not a huge difference but ill take it. Im using a homemade crossover cable made from the straight cable that came with the ps3 when i purchased it.
    This may potentially help you improve your transfer speed. If you're PC has a newer ethernet card, you don't need a crossover cable. I use a regular cable and it works a lot better and stable.
    Last edited by cSharpShooter; 09-29-2010 at 01:25 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
    Well 1.1 is giving me problems. Wouldn't work at all in passive and multiple connections. Switched it back to active and 1 connection at a time and it works but getting timeouts and failed transfers. Guess it's back to 1.0b as it worked perfectly in passive and multi, with no timeouts.
    Any ideas why this is happening? Happens on my PS3 as well...

I'm getting really slow upload speed (100kb/s). Should i use crossover cable, or router? I have now my ps3 and pc hooked to my router. I dont want to wait one game to transfer 23 hours.

Is there any way to verify the folder transferred correctly through ftp?

I'm using FlashFXP, appreciate any help.

Quote Originally Posted by juudu View Post
    I'm getting really slow upload speed (100kb/s). Should i use crossover cable, or router? I have now my ps3 and pc hooked to my router. I dont want to wait one game to transfer 23 hours.
    Yes - just use direct cable between your PC and PS3 - in most case there will be no need for crossover cable. Just set up your PS3 and PC in the same IP range and you're set to go.

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News