Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 131



  1. #91
    Senior Member SwordOfWar's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The v1.1 release still has a bug with folder names containing "." characters.

    Example of the problem:
    PC "XXX\Soul.Calibur.4.PS3\GameFiles" ---> FTP transfer ---> "XXX\GameFiles"

    Notice that it will transfer the files inside the "Soul.Calibur.4.PS3" folder, but when it saves the files on the PS3 it will dump all the files on the HDD without that folder directory there.

    Just make a folder name containing "." characters, drop a few test files in it, then transfer the entire folder over the FTP app and you will see exactly what I mean.

  2. #92
    Senior Member IndyColtsFan84's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That would qualify as a bug but seriously man are you that lazy & can't delete a few "."? LoL Come On Man!

  3. #93
    Senior Member Bishoff's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I keep my folders named as the game ID's. No problems like that.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
    I keep my folders named as the game ID's. No problems like that.
    Do you have to use the game ID's as the folder names?

    If you have only BCES* and BLUS* in a dir it is hard to see which games are really there. I started to use the descript.ion (comment) in total commander which works fine so far, but it is not perfect. If I can use any names instead of the game ID, that would be even more comfortable.

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    That would qualify as a bug but seriously man are you that lazy & can't delete a few "."? LoL Come On Man!
    Have you thought about maybe people utilize linux and have a naming convention they prefer for their machine? I always change spaces to . for all files i have on my system...

    Anyway, the new ftp just times out for me. So back to the original until I can get that figured out.

  6. #96
    just about to give it try. Thanks guys!

  7. #97
    Has anybody been able to get access to the second partition of the hard drive? this is where the firmware gets unpacked before flashing the nand.. Well not fully unpacked but you get the point

    (dev_hdd1)

    Along with the many new mounts?
    Last edited by hunterrr; 09-26-2010 at 04:49 PM

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogyimogyi View Post
    Do you have to use the game ID's as the folder names?
    You don't have to, I just always have since we we're able to FTP in and out. It's a little more work involved to see what the game is but it's been trouble free so I just stick with it. There's that other PC tool that pulls them all up for u as well, so you can see what is what.

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
    You don't have to, I just always have since we we're able to FTP in and out. It's a little more work involved to see what the game is but it's been trouble free so I just stick with it. There's that other PC tool that pulls them all up for u as well, so you can see what is what.
    You are thinking of Gamezplorer. For files on an external HD it and the PS3 do not seem to care what the directory is called it picks up the information from the PARAM.SFO file.

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    You are thinking of Gamezplorer. For files on an external HD it and the PS3 do not seem to care what the directory is called it picks up the information from the PARAM.SFO file.
    yea that's the app I don't use external, as too many games have files over 4gb, and I have a 500GB internal. I love the FTP.

 
Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News