Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi, maybe someone will more skills than me can help me. i managed to get the ftp server running and i can access the ps3 hdd.

now, what im interested in: Id like to copy files from my Pc to the PS3 HDD. More specifically, i want to copy edited game data for pro evolution soccer. there are a lot of patches where you can get all the latest player faces, etc. to the game. but unfortunately, you have to copy every single file by hand from USB to the PS3. as there are around 500 files in the current patches, this takes forever.

i thought, why not copy them over via ftp, but i was only semi successful.. the save games are stored in this path:

/dev_hdd0/home/0000000x (where x is the number of your profile which you use)

now, when i copy over the files, only those that have been therebefore (through proper USB copy) get recognized by the PS3 (so i allready had an option ifle on the ps3 which i overwrote, and that one gets recognized in the game an din XMB, the other ones do not).

then, I deleted some files (from other games) of the PS3 HDD, but the files still show up on XMB but without proper icon etc.

so my guess is that the files need to be registered in some form or another before being copied to the PS3.

has anyone an idea of how to get that done?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    With ftp server stuff i transfered an entire game, virtua fighter to the harddrive. But when i go to backup manager, "mount" the game and i get back to xmb, the game i can see is the disc i put in. I am guessing if i transfered the file in a wrong way it would say something. Does somebody know what to do at this point? I got plenty of space on my harddrive. 6 gigs left still.

Currently my game is located like this on my internal HDD of my ps3:

dv_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/Virtua Figther 5

So my games folder is with CAPS but game folder ain't. Am i not doing it right so far? Not able to play my game yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've managed to unpack Retail PKG's

- all is left to sort out the license and its all good.
    Last edited by zeromx; 09-17-2010 at 02:22 PM

Thumbs Up

I <3 u deva5610

I tried everything and was pulling my hair out... when I came across your post I thank you for saving me many thousand follicles... LoLz.

Quote Originally Posted by zeromx View Post
    I've managed to unpack Retail PKG's
    oh that's awesome, thru the ftp? or found another way?

Every game has an ID (like BSUA0077). Folder structure should actually looks something like this :

dv_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BSUA0077/..(game files)

It should not be named the actualy name of the game. If you need the ID, you could try googling it.

I'm not 100% sure this is correct though. The naming scheme could really be irrelevant because of the files inside of the physical folder, but i did this to follow suit with everything else in that directory. Give it a shot and see if it works better.

Well somewhat yes, here is what i did. you need: Demo Manager v1.0

1. Drag the .pkg file you want to install onto the application executable.
    2. If everything went ok, a folder called "00000xxx" (xxx is a random number) should be created.
    3. Copy the .pkg file inside the folder.
    4. Copy the entire folder in your PS3 into "/dev_hdd0/vsh/task"
    5. Reboot your PS3 (without the jailbreak) and the package should appear in the GAME menu,
    ready to be installed.
    6. After you installed the game, reboot your ps3 (in jailbreak mode)
    7. Using FTP Server - navigate to /dev_hdd0/game/ it should a new folder with your PKG fully unpacked.

I have tried to name the folder of my games the actual TITLEID. It didnt actually help me so i tried something else. I made a backup of my tekken 6 (the orignal game). Once it was completed i put in the kill zone 2 disc. I was still unable to play the backup i made of my orignal game.

I'm really unsure about the reason for my troubles...

you have to encrypt the eboot.bin inside the game it self the jb device will do it automatically if it's ripped from disk to in or exter drive.

Maybe you are using a version of PSGroove that hasn't been patched to allow booting of backups (the origonal release). Check the version you have flashed to your jailbreaking device.
    Last edited by Bishoff; 09-17-2010 at 09:12 PM

Sponsored Links
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News