Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSokar View Post
    This worked great setting up FileZilla. Stay away from FlashFXP it corrupts files way to easily. Perhaps a community generated/verified SFV of an entire games dir would be a good idea to ensure a home backup is legit 100% and didnt corrupt in transit from PS3 to PC.
    Usually, at least when it comes to standard networking (should include FTP, not sure), the individual packets are all verified, so if the request is good the file output is good...so the program is the limitation. Filezilla has long been in my arsenal will no complaints, and if any one had any, I'm sure by now they have all been addressed.

Like CJPC said the initial section is the most vulnerable to corruption, BUT for those who would like to check, we have and extensive MD5 database growing between me and red8316

My part
    red8316's part
    Original Thread

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm using flashfxp to transfer from laptop directly to PS3 via ethernet and only get 1.3 Megabytes/second. It takes hours and hours to transfer :'( I wish there were a faster solution.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try filezilla, I get 12-20 mb per sec

FileZilla works best for me as well almost 100mb/s. This has been such an exciting month, can't wait to see what else is on the homebrew horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendazo View Post
    try filezilla, I get 12-20 mb per sec
    Can you clarify whether you mean megabits or megabytes?

Quote Originally Posted by dieselboyx View Post
    I'm using flashfxp to transfer from laptop directly to PS3 via ethernet and only get 1.3 Megabytes/second. It takes hours and hours to transfer :'( I wish there were a faster solution.
    what ethernet cable are you using? im guessing not a cat5e or cat6?

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    what ethernet cable are you using? im guessing not a cat5e or cat6?
    It makes difference in speed much bigger than 1.3MB/s (roughly 10mbits). Check your laptop's settings, probably limited by the software (i.e. 10mbits)

Quote Originally Posted by peshkohacka View Post
    It makes difference in speed much bigger than 1.3MB/s (roughly 10mbits). Check your laptop's settings, probably limited by the software (i.e. 10mbits)
    if you are running windoes xp use this tool from speedguide.net

TCPOptimizer.exe

and addjust the settings for TCP so its at MAX, so you can take full advantage of the gigabit port on your pc and the ps3

windows xp does not to this automaticaly like vista and win7 does.

i had to do this when i had 50mb broadband installed to get the full band with from the cable modem. despite having a 10/100/1000 per sec NIC.

I'm running windows 7 utlimate, it appears the cable is a cat5.

Okay, I did everything properly so far. I have the ability to copy files to the PS3 HDD. I tried 3 different PS3 JB Iso's (extracted as JB files) and placed each and every one of them into the LAUN12345/GAMEZ. Now when I go into Backup Manager to select the game, the XMB comes back and when I go to the disc to start the backed up game, its still the original disc in the drive and not the backup. Am I missing something?

Sponsored Links

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News