Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey guys I just spent an hour reading through this thread so I understand the workings of FTP and the PS3 now but I am wondering where all your PS3 games that are stored on your PC's coming from? Are you using some method to dump them to the HDD on the PC?or are you Backing them up on the backup manager on PS3 then sending them to your PC then External NTFS HDD for storage? Any and all help would be very much appreciated, thanks all.

P.S. One more question, if I have a 750gb external HDD formatted to NTFS could I format it to exFAT and get it to work the same as FAT32? Because for some reason Vista did not give me the option to format the harddrive to FAT32.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by silenthunter1 View Post
    Hey guys I just spent an hour reading through this thread so I understand the workings of FTP and the PS3 now but I am wondering where all your PS3 games that are stored on your PC's coming from? Are you using some method to dump them to the HDD on the PC?or are you Backing them up on the backup manager on PS3 then sending them to your PC then External NTFS HDD for storage? Any and all help would be very much appreciated, thanks all.
    I'm guessing that people use the Backup Manager on the PS3 to dump games to an external harddrive then plug it in their PC and from there share the game with each other, so that's how people get the PS3 games on to their PCs.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by silenthunter1 View Post
    P.S. One more question, if I have a 750gb external HDD formatted to NTFS could I format it to exFAT and get it to work the same as FAT32? Because for some reason Vista did not give me the option to format the harddrive to FAT32.
    Use PowerQuest PartitionMagic or SwissKnife ... Can't remember which one I used for a 1.5TB external HDD. Both should work anyway

People are backing up their games via the Backup Manager, then using the PS3 FTP program and sending them to their computers.

You CANNOT use a NTFS external HDD with the PS3. The PS3 will only read FAT32. Also, it will not read exFAT either.

So yeah, you either need to a FAT32 External HDD...or

Click start. Click RUN. Type CMD. Then type this. X: /FS:FAT32 then hit Enter. replace X with the letter of your external HDD. Depending on your Operating system, you may have to type in "format /FS:FAT32 X:" instead.

But really, I find it easier to just use the FTP program.

Big Grin

Everyone!Sorry if it was pasted before but ive found a really really interesting file like version.txt (OMG Like PSP BYpass method??)

its placed here: /dev_flash/vsh/etc/version.txt

so i just connected via FTP server and got it!

So here what i have in it:

[Register or Login to view code]

Maybe we can bypass it by using this method?Like it was on PSP on the first Bypass Method via coustom version.txt file!

CJPC, any idea if BD-EMU is supported over network? (Like if someone either recoded the backup manager, or would it take someone creating a sprx that creates a perminent PRX to be a USB emulating device)

Also does anyone know PKG's are placed on the XMB after they have been downloaded from the "Download in Background"?

Lastly, someone better be thinking about do a ton of memory dumps next time they can get on PSN, there is very little keeping us from a "Custom PSN Store"

Hey CJ, first of all thanks for your effort in this.

Then 1 little thing:
    Can you check if it's possible to browse user folders in PS3 Debug 60Gb? I can't backup my save-games cause the home folder isn't visible.

It could be that home folder is in dev_flash2 and dev_flash3 that aren't mounted?

Lastly, someone better be thinking about do a ton of memory dumps next time they can get on PSN, there is very little keeping us from a "Custom PSN Store"
    In 1-2 weeks i will get a ps3 and if some one doesn't have it done till this time i will do so. But for now i'm waiting for my Teensy++`s to arrive.

PS3 FTP I need help

Hello to everyone, thanks to cjpg for the great app!! I've a problem, when I try to connect from filezilla to ps3 with ps3 ftp it says impossible connect to the server. I connect my notebook to ps3 with an ethernet cable, type the ip address in host, type user FTPD12345, and a password random, and port 21.But when I try to connect it say impossible connect to the server... Why? Where is the problem ? Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian.

Ok, this FTP sends 230 Login ok to USER command, this is not correct FTP protocol, then when PASS is sent, it gets error from unknown command.

Having left PASS in there, even if ignored would make many more FTP clients happy. I've spent many years writing FTPDs if I can help, but I don't know if the source is available to supply patches.

Sponsored Links

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News