Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Nice job CJPC and much appreciated in the effort you have made so far in the ps3 scene.
    Thanks Starlight - I appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by simonk83 View Post
    Do you have it set to Active mode (not passive)?
    Yeah, definitely set it to active mode, the library does not like passive - at all!

Hey CJPC I was wondering if there was any chance if you could have the FTP server also detect usb devices mounted to the system e.g. /dev_usb/ I would like to be able to play around with Sony's Memory Card Adapter (CECHZM1) that they had released forever ago as I have a few things I want to try. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sekemc View Post
    Hey CJPC I was wondering if there was any chance if you could have the FTP server also detect usb devices mounted to the system e.g. /dev_usb/ I would like to be able to play around with Sony's Memory Card Adapter (CECHZM1) that they had released forever ago as I have a few things I want to try. Thanks.
    I am unaware how that device is mounted to usb, but if there is a usb device attached which the PS3 can read as a filesystem (I suppose?) it will show up in the ftp as dev_usb00X, where X is the port number, although if I recall it skips every other port or something.

Please don't tell me you want to try and port PSGroove to it.. that joke is getting old.

If however you wish to add support non-Sony (or maybe it's just non-8mb) memory cards, more power to you, but I don't think it's possible to access it in this way, the device itself or the memory card.

As for CJPC .. if you wanted to look into this I _think_ there's documentation on the memory card structure, and probably the card port itself. All the device is.. is a memory card port from PS2 connected through USB rather than a ribbon.

Haha no that wasn't my idea. I wanted to see if I could manipulate the card that was read through it over FTP as the MagicGate would have already authenticated with the PS3. What I have noticed though is that after running the PSGroove exploit the options to manage ps1/ps2 memory card are no longer available through the XMB, which might be why the device may not be getting mounted and displayed in the FTP.

Haha no that wasn't my idea. I wanted to see if I could manipulate the card that was read through it over FTP as the MagicGate would have already authenticated with the PS3. What I have noticed though is that after running the PSGroove exploit the options to manage ps1/ps2 memory card are no longer available through the XMB, which might be why the device may not be getting mounted and displayed in the FTP.
    That's kind of interesting.. I wonder why it's doing that. I don't imagine it has anything to do with the lack of PS2 support on newer consoles.. IIRC they can actually create the memory cards despite not being able to play PS2 games.

Oh I just had an idea for a PS3 hack.. it would be neat to create the large memory cards.. I'd love to replicate my 64mb card on my PS3 without having to have 8 memory cards.

Quote Originally Posted by deathwingzero View Post
    That's kind of interesting.. I wonder why it's doing that. I don't imagine it has anything to do with the lack of PS2 support on newer consoles.. IIRC they can actually create the memory cards despite not being able to play PS2 games.

Oh I just had an idea for a PS3 hack.. it would be neat to create the large memory cards.. I'd love to replicate my 64mb card on my PS3 without having to have 8 memory cards.
    I think the payload that is used for the exploit is messing with these functions, cause after executing the exploit my 60 GB launch PS3 is not able to read ps2 disc's as they don't appear on the XMB, and all the memory card functions are gone. Of course they come back after a reboot if you don't execute the exploit again. I posted this piece in the latest Payload thread so hopefully this will be looked into.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-112483-6.html

I think the payload that is used for the exploit is messing with these functions, cause after executing the exploit my 60 GB launch PS3 is not able to read ps2 disc's as they don't appear on the XMB, and all the memory card functions are gone. Of course they come back after a reboot if you don't execute the exploit again. I posted this piece in the latest Payload thread so hopefully this will be looked into.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-112483-6.html
    Hmm.. perhaps that's why it isn't possible to back up PS2/1 games. I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the fact that the PS3 was really meant for PS3 games so PS2 mode was left out of Dev units to cut cost for developers. From what I've read this basically just causes the system to run in debug mode.

This is rather impressive! ++rep!

I'm just wondering if anyone has written a tutorial to set up this FTP and put downloaded games onto your ps3 through it?

Furthermore, has anyone tried installing a PKG from PSN, then dumping the PKG to your computer and putting it on another PS3 via that method?

where are the jailbreak manager's games kept?
    Last edited by BwE; 09-10-2010 at 02:48 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast