Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi Alex. Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm unsure why you can't download that file.

Don't assume that deleting that file won't screw something up. It might not re-make itself. And please don't update yet. If Sony do indeed block the Jailbreak, then it's blocked for good. There may be no turning back.

I know it's a crazy idea and probably won't help much, but if you want to play online, then at this moment, buy a new console. Sorry, but it's still early days. I'm sure soon, someone will work out that boot_history.dat and you'll be able too. Hopefully someone here can help you out.

Oh and you are able to download other files can't you. If you can but not the boot_history file, then it might be something else. From the old xbox1 days that had a similar thing, it was pretty much like Windows Explorer. One side had your PC, the other side had the system that you were logging into. I used FlashFXP though.

Best of luck and sorry I couldn't be more help (oh and your English was fine mate)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    transfered heavy rain to my internal hdd with this bad boy!

very nice program

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did it make heavy rain it work? the copy I have stays at black screen with flashing logo bottom right corner?

As someone previously said in this thread, there is more than one log file in the console. One per user in /dev_hdd0/home/[user number]/etc/

and two others files in /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/ named game.dat and patch.dat.

As far as you can completely delete an user profile, you should can delete his boot_history.dat... so I wanted to try. I found out that I can modify or delete files on ps3 via ftp connection, but I can't store them on my pc (don't understand why...). I deleted boot_history of one profile. Ps3 created a new one boot_history for that user: the new file is smaller, so I think it lacks information of the older booted .pkg.

The first step could be deleting boot_history of all users. It is still remaining the log in /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/. Game.dat and patch.dat. These files aren't connected to any profile, so I'm a little bit scared: if I delete them, there is a possibility that ps3 can't automatically create new ones and... boom! brick, crash, freeze...

Assuming that deleting those two files in /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/ will not destroy my ps3, who tell me that those files are all the logs? It is possible that more logs files are stored in the ps3, somewhere else...

Another point is: I'm working on /dev_hdd0/... what about the three flash partition I can see via ftp?

Thank you for your help and for wasting your time with my problem
    Ehm... don't have enough money to buy a new ps3

I'm not going to upgrade because I don't want my console to get banned. Would be great if someone that used jailbreak with 3.41 and had updated to 3.42 could tell me that his console was not banned after upgrade and login to PSN...

Big Grin

My findings thus far : PS1 Classics downloaded from PSN are structured the same way as they were for PSP, infact they're still named EBOOT.PBP too. Unpacked the DATA.PSAR is the game image.

Someone who has a better idea of the protection on the original PSP ps1 games eboot might be able to shed some light on the possibility of replacing the game image within the eboot with that of a different game.

I would strongly suggest people make a new account on their PS3, but leave the new account as is, DON'T sign it up to PSN, that way you can FTP in to your hard drive and delete the following :

/dev_hdd0/home/_____/boot_history.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/game.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/patch.dat

Exit out of the FTP app, and delete whatever homebrew you installed (ftp, backup manager), then reboot - you should be pretty much safe to go online with your other accounts then, without the possibility of being banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversun View Post
    you can FTP in to your hard drive and delete the following :

/dev_hdd0/home/_____/boot_history.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/game.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/patch.dat

Exit out of the FTP app, and delete whatever homebrew you installed (ftp, backup manager), then reboot - you should be pretty much safe to go online with your other accounts then, without the possibility of being banned.
    Are you sure that we can delete those files without any consequences? Have you tried?

Deleting those file we should be safe, or we are safe?

Sorry for annoying you with my question, but I'm really anxious about all this situation, because I need to go online and I can't risk to get banned from PSN...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex9999 View Post
    Are you sure that we can delete those files without any consequences? Have you tried?
    I have deleted them completely, it doesn't cause any issues, the files are just remade when you next fire up a game.

Think of it this way, files on the hard drive don't matter as much, worst thing you're going to do is muck up your installed games if you mess with them, nothing critical to the operation of the ps3 is stored there.

thank you very much. now I'm just hope that deleting those files will avoid ban...

My pc won't connect to the PS3 FTP Server

I set a static ip (10.0.0.101), dns server (223.255.0.0)...router ip(10.0.0.101)

in filezilla: Host (10.0.0.101), username: (FTPD12345), port(21); and clicked on quickconnect

I'm getting a error: "Connection refused by server"

plz help me out

I suggest You to buy another PS3 console or continue to use your PS3 like you have done until today. Be banned is a risk that everyone that use the console for his own purpose out of the standard of the owner company know well so.. if you like online game don't jailbreak your console , this my advice.

Sponsored Links

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News