Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    damn i get a timeout on list with every program i tried (ftp, filezilla, cuteftp) everything should be set up fine

thanks anyway great app

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So this means that we can share PSN+ stuff? Let someone download lets say a demo, then get the pkg-file from the hdd and share it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks man, this looks awesome! Just hoping it will get more stable in the future.

Put it out on github or something so people can contribute with more stable code etc. that way it will go faster

Someone please help me, i'm not sure on how to set this up. I've got the package file installed and Firezilla installed.

I currently have Wireless on the PS3 and Ethernet on my PC. Am I right in saying I just connect the ethernet cable from my computer to router to my PS3 instead of my router?

Then what do I do? Thanks

@NDT:
    You should read what I wrote again. I did NOT mention 'Install from PKG' in my post (which cannot install retail PKG's obviously).

When you log in to PSN and download some demo but not install it, it will appear in XMB as an icon locked inside a bubble. At this point, run FTPd and locate the PKG (tell us the path so we can all spare ourself all the fun with getting some demo off PSN).

Transfer some other retail PKG to the same folder using FTP. Now another bubble should appear, and you should be able to install it without modchip (reboot, remove the dongle, boot, install), I'm just not sure if it's possible to install it WITH the modchip plugged in.

Iím really excited about this. This is awesome. I've been hanging all day to get home from work to check it out.

It reminds me of the xbox1 and evolution x ftp. Iíd recommend this instead of the backup manager. FTP from blu-ray drive to PC = Awesome.
    Just got 2 ideas or theories.

A member of these forums, Fonzi09 sent me a link that mentioned a dev_hdd0/home/PROFILENAME/etc that contained a data file named boot_history.dat. I'm led to believe that this logs all Content ID that are installed on your console. Does it even exist? Can someone please confirm.

Could you ftp copy that (pre-backup manger/homebrew) file and once youíre done homebrewing, and you want to go online, replace with your safe original copy. I donít know if you could edit it, as maybe itís signed, but seeing that people are still waiting for their hacks, might be a good and safe option to backup everything before installing the backup manager.

Also for people that have installed the backup manager to LAUN12345, and for future manager.pkg installers (even though I loved my ninja backup manager method lol), would it be easy to simply replace the manager.pkg EBOOT.BIN (of course hex edit to the new location) with that of an already installed demo on your console. My tutorial mentioned downloading the demo from the PSN store for validation and all that (not sure if it was needed though and also using the original retail demo SFO info for the manager which included QADigest, ID Content, Package Version etc), but now that Sony have updated the firmware, getting onto the store will be hard [I know that there may be tricks to get around this, but might be more trouble for the general community].

So e.g. You have a PSN demo installed at dev_hdd0/game/NPE80001/usrdir/EBOOT.BIN Ė this loads up the PSN demo, so you replace it with the backup manager EBOOT.BIN. When you select the game, it actually loads the managerís EBOOT.BIN. You wonít need to worry about SFO, ICON, K_licensee or Content ID. To the console itís still the PSN game demo. Youíll only need to edit the manager EBOOT.BIN to point to dev_hdd0/game/NPE80001 or whatever PSN Demo you choose.

All in all this is a great step forward I think. Canít wait to try it! Thanks CJPC

Or found with a hex editor lol (cough sorry cough)

Hello Debug / TOOL owner! You Found the secret menu.. its a shame that it does not give you any extra lives, have an area for cheat codes, or even a little hint inside.........Quite the shame really, would be pretty cool if this worked like a gameshark for the PS3, I'm sure datel will make rip of the whole process soon enough.........Nevertheless, I believe that it is the end for the secret menu, only people with a debug or tool can see me, anywho , onwards with the jubilation of gameplay!..exit

[not sure if this was posted before]
    Last edited by Field; 09-08-2010 at 08:06 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    A member of these forums, Fonzi09 sent me a link that mentioned a dev_hdd0/home/PROFILENAME/etc that contained a data file named boot_history.dat. I'm led to believe that this logs all Content ID that are installed on your console. Does it even exist? Can someone please confirm.
    It DOES exists. I read all this thread to find that path. Installed the ftp .pkg on the ps3. Installed FileZilla on the pc. I connected ps3 to pc via wi-fi and everything went fine.

I found that log file, but... can't even download it can't open it... I wanted to edit that file deleting all tracks of jailbreak...
    I'm not really aware about ftp and maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I must edit that file... or delete it, I think ps3 would create a new one (clean) when doesn't find the deleted one.

Could some expert user help me?

My idea is to completely clean my ps3 from jailbreak and go online avoiding console ban. (want to play online and update to 3.42... I think - I'd rather say, I hope - that jailbreak will be updated and will work fine also on 3.42)

(uh, sorry for my bad English)

I just found ps3 move controller calibration pics in the ps3 hdd using ftp... i tried to create a thread but didnt meet the requirements... check it out for yourself.

on ftp fileserver go to: /dev_flash/vsh/resource/sysconf/calibration

you will see the pictures in the folder "calibration" are to the ps move controller

Does anyone knows where the games go? I tried sending the games to, dev/hd/games or something like that. The problem is that when I check the game section on my ps3 the game are not there. Any ideas where is it going? btw, i can see them transferred on filezilla, just not on the ps3 itself.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendazo View Post
    Does anyone knows where the games go? I tried sending the games to, dev/hd/games or something like that. The problem is that when I check the game section on my ps3 the game are not there. Any ideas where is it going? btw, i can see them transferred on filezilla, just not on the ps3 itself.
    The games goes in /dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/gamez or something like that.

Sponsored Links
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News