Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dc740 View Post
    when you install the application, and configure the PS3... Your machine becomes the DNS and HTTP server, so when the PS3 wants to know the IP of any address, it will ask the application... then the application tells the PS3 that the site where the ps3update.txt file is, is your machine! The PS3 connects to your machine on port 80. (see? you can't choose where to put the http server. cause you can't change the ps3 firmware)...after that, the application will return to the PS3 a "fake" ps3update.txt file... so the PS3 will think it's updated to the latest version...
    NO, it's not quite correct. Actually, it is the limitation of the DNS-faking process. In this case your PC act as DNS server (port 53), and as you need to fake a txt you also need a webserver (port 80) but the rest of the communication directly access the PS3.

BUT if you use proxy, you use dedicated 'pipe' at _whatever_ port, and all transmission (except the fw-version) directly access the PC then tunnelling to your PS3 at dedicated port (all_data<->PC<->PS3)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    8002A212 tried everything no luck. All worked well until an hour ago!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But that's the whole point about the DNS method!

not to use the Proxy server!

why?
    simple:
    a proxy server adds LAG to your online games... not that much... but it introduced about 15 ms in my wireless network. the DNS method doesn't do that.

Also there was a problem with the game updates using the proxy method.

That's why I have chosen this simplier method to do the trick.

I don't want to start a flame war here. I'm just explaining why I have chosen to implement the DNS method instead of the proxy, and why it NEEDS to use port 80.

The port is completely implicit in the DNS+HTTP method. One limitation that the proxy server doesn't have.

but the proxy has another limitations such as:
    increased latency times
    problems updating games (depending of the implementation)
    it runs on windows only (PS3NOUPDATE runs on top of the JVM)

got 8002A212 Error when connecting to PSN with PS3Proxie 1.1 R3 can anyone agree with that ?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by D3S4NN View Post
    got 8002A212 Error when connecting to PSN with PS3Proxie 1.1 R3 can anyone agree with that ?
    me too and the DNS server doesn't work today??

I'm getting error 8002a212 and I think I followed the instructions correctly. Can you give me any hint about how to solve this?

seems like sony have a method to avoid all ps3 users under fw 3.21 from psn.

Quote Originally Posted by D3S4NN View Post
    Sadly i also got the same error using this PS3NoUpdate (DNS) tool.

Quote Originally Posted by yaroze View Post
    I'm getting error 8002a212 and I think I followed the instructions correctly. Can you give me any hint about how to solve this?
    it's not your fault, I think all PS3 Proxy or DNS users got this prob too.

hope this gets solved

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News