Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    DONT UPDATE guys!!

its 100% that something really interesting is coming!
    Can it be that 3.21 OO PUP? That would be great not for the firmware itself but for the "achievement"...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ximenes View Post
    Can it be that 3.21 OO PUP? That would be great not for the firmware itself but for the "achievement"...
    this will not help us with the on line playing... reporting from demonhades translated:
    It seems that for the invention of Geo in his "PUP" OO values modified with sony has put a measure that makes conditional, in this case has 3.2100 "(value" - "would indicate that if less than that shown , then it would require that we mention in the next line)

In short, the new measure would detect who has the PUP 3.21OO leaving them without service geo psn network.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good point! So i wonder what will be that release...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So if we still can't play online what's the use of waiting?

Did someone really thought they could install custom firmware and then play online ? I'm pretty sure the waiting has no meaning for people wanting to play online. I guess the main reason for installing custom firmware will be running "home made" software & maybe "backups", but I think 360 is better (at least at the moment) and cheaper device for that. (Especially if you have "pre summer 2009 update fw" 360).

Banned User

From George Hotz Twitter Page

Doing taxes. New jailbreak and PS3 CFW will have to wait.
    Sent two hours ago. We still wait...

Smile

Updating my ps3. My taxes will have to wait!

PS3NoUpdate still bypass the firmware check.. The pb is that now during the sign in sony somehow find a way to check the firmware you use. During ssl handshake everything is all right.

My guess in the encrypted header an attribute has change.. without the private decryption key with are stuck here.

Quote Originally Posted by caprice5a View Post
    The pb is that now during the sign in sony somehow find a way to check the firmware you use.
    They didn't "somehow" find the way - they have it at hand AGES ago and just not applied it right away after the lates FW release as it requires PSN update as well which happened this week. In EVERY communication with PSN during the authentication with Sony the current (actuall, NOT spoofed one) version is communicated to the Sony servers and they have at any time overview of every single user online which FW they're running and they can simply by "flipping the switch" at their server prohibit anyone with lower version to access PSN. Simple as that.

It looks like the influx of people spoofing the FW after 3.21 was released prompted Sony to act faster than usually (before it took a few months now not even a couple of weeks to blok older FWs).

Unless (if EVER) the encrypted communication during the authentication to to PSN would be cracked and properly injected / spoofed there is no way we'll be able to logon to PSN with older FW ...

Quote Originally Posted by neoxxx View Post
    Sent two hours ago. We still wait...
    I guess we aren't going to see a CFW from Geohot any time soon.

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News