Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Step one, downgrade!?!?! What's the point of this!

I bet Kakaroto's hack for 4.00 is the same!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I didn't say downgrade, because that's kinda granted If you're on OFW 4.00.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So ps3hen, can your new pup be installed on ps3s without a flasher? Or does the flasher play a role in the new pup process as well? Thanks!

Still a bit buggy because the firmware up 3.60 take a new direction (anyway no big difference)

DeViL303 repeat exactly what other said, it doesn't come from him, also he just add a new entry on the xml/rco modified to add this feature.

Banned User
    The hardware flasher is only needed to downgrade 3.55 if you're not already on 3.55. As 3.55 is the highest firmware you can install this from. If you're already on 3.55, you don't need the flasher for installation of my pup.

Sweet. I'm on 3.55.2 Rebug. I'm gonna sit back a little longer and see where this goes. But either way, I'm happy with the progress you've made so far. I hope this will lead to your username on 4.00 lol Cheers

Very good, at least we learned that talking doesn't bring anything.

we should work on it and we will finally achieve our goal (CFW 4.00) in the lol

Banned User
    Update on "Debug Settings" integration into my modified 4.00 FW:
    • I've modified the xmb to act like CEX so its still usable as a retail console (the debug vsh uses different parts of the xml files so the xmb is more stripped down as it is for debugging - I patched this) Of course special debug xmb item will still be there

• The XMB use DeViL303's XMB File Manager (I had to re-port it so it would be used by the debug vsh.self) The Debug Settings in my FW are as functional as the Debug Settings in Rebug's CFW. This is because the system is not flagged as a debug console.

• There is still one major bug which I still need to find a work around - the ps3 crashes when it tries to quit any application and then requires a re-installation of the firmware (which is not good). Although pulling the power cord escapes having to re-install the firmware, it's not an appropriate fix. But on the other hand it does load games and play online. I'd appreciate to help to fix this, although I could try to find a fix myself, but two or more heads are better than one. The sooner I fix this the sooner I can release it.

Try getting in touch with Kakaroto. I bet he could be of some assistance. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ps3hen View Post
    Update on "Debug Settings" integration into my modified 4.00 FW
    afaik rebug is a debug fw with retail coreos and they had to patch vsh to run fully on cex. if i can remember right, this crash problem also existed on the very first rebug pups.

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News