Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

yeah!!! but that obese mathieulh bloke already knew that haw haw

the title is going to mislead a lot of people to think they can enable package management on 4.00 OFW lol

Thanks for the video and file pack ps3hen and +Rep!

I have now merged it into our ongoing thread and promoted it to the main page as well.

But you can't sign any .pkgs so how are you gonna run homebrew?

Its a good step forward. thanks But AGAIN its useless.

Ps3 scene is dead, the only reason that we haven't buy xbox yet is DUPLEX and ExETrimALL.

And of course kakaroto and HEN..!!!!

kloops, this doesn't enable homebrew.

Actually you don't need to do all that.

3.41/3.55 CFW (install package you need, active QA and debug settings you want) Update to OFW4.0 without full format (that keep the old configuration/settings and stuff safe)

But you still need to patch everythings for it works good. Also some devs search the solution and sometimes you just need to watch next to you

Emad47 It's not useless and also nothing is useless.

Now about the PS3 Scene... i don't think is dead, just more silent (better sometimes) because as you can see have too much kiddies things, anyway everything change.

i hope this doesn't bring another fw update.. ffs

so does this enable you to pirate psn games in pkg form on 4.00.. god i hope not.

Banned User
    No, it only lets you install retail signed packages (.pkg). The reason why I made it is because it lets you install packages at you own leisure. Myself, from time to time have to re-download, a huge list of update packages for a game or large demos, and I find its a hassle having to configure a proxy to download archived psn games/ game updates, everytime.

So I though, if it can be done why not? The pirated psn games don't work on 3.60+ because in Kakaroto's words:

well it turns out that the NPDRM self has a second signature, so it's a encrypted and signed self file with an additional layer of security (the NPDRM layer) which re-encrypts it and re-signs it again. That second signature was not verified in 3.55 and is now verified since the 3.60 version of the PS3 firmware.
    So no, I don't think Sony will push another firmware update because of this. Unless, they don't like ps3 users creating installing legit .pkg files at their leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabnab View Post
    Actually you don't need to do all that.

3.41/3.55 CFW (install package you need, active QA and debug settings you want) Update to OFW4.0 without full format (that keep the old configuration/settings and stuff safe)

But you still need to patch everythings for it works good. Also some devs search the solution and sometimes you just need to watch next to you

Emad47 It's not useless and also nothing is useless.

Now about the PS3 Scene... i don't think is dead, just more silent (better sometimes) because as you can see have too much kiddies things, anyway everything change.
    I wish we could keep QA debug settings, but Sony changed how newer firmwares handle QA so, if you QA flagged you console in 3.55 or 3.41, you won't have QA debug settings in OFW 4.00.
    Last edited by ps3hen; 01-20-2012 at 03:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't have any re-encrypts or re-signs, only have a double check related to the conformity of the package, they think have a second signature -> generating a new sign with the old sign, it can be bypassed by holding the old sign

Sony will don't release another firmware because of this, Sony prepar something more annoying to reduce the kernel of the PS3 OS, also to update the old xmb interface and give more memory for development

The QA activated on older firmware keep activate on a future update whatever it is, the new firmware just block the possiblity to show it (it's different)

You can try by yourself to turn on all the debug settings on a older firmware, update to a OFW 4.0 and see how it works, actually your settings is turned on but don't show it on the xmb interface (because Sony block the possiblity) but it's turned on
    Last edited by Nabnab; 01-20-2012 at 03:36 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast