Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This isn't useless. This gives you the vsh and etc. If you were to just unpack it you need a key to encrypt the vsh to make it openable but with this it already decrypts it for you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea sure cause there is NO KIOSK/DEMO FW. Its a Retail one. This should more likely be called LOCKED RETAIL. So i'm not surprised to jump between retail and demo only with swapping hdd's. But try this with a retail and debug hdd and you will see what i mean.

Sponsored Links

Confused

Sponsored Links
    This is a CFW ?

i would really like to see this on 3.55

No its not a CFW and you can't see on 3.55 cause its FW 4.0. It would be the same if you say i want to see 3.55 CFW on 3.41 CFW. That's impossible. You have either the one or the other.

anyone tried this and made it work ?

And what purpose you want to have of it ? To turn your fully working 4.0 PS3 to a locked 4.0 PS3 ?

the way i got retail packages to install was swap nas_plugin.sprx from retail 4.00, maybe we could swap some other to make the firmware more like retail?

seems a very dangerous method. dont swap vsh.self its give me red sereen

but i managed to recover by re-installing firmware thankfully!

i swapped the whole dev_flash 3.55 kiosk over 3.55 Rogero and pressed the ps button, the console rebooted so i press the ps button twice and it booted into kiosk 3.55 so maybe i can work out what can and can't be changed between them?

just found out what the JaicraB USB Firmware loader is for
    Last edited by technodon; 12-23-2011 at 09:35 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nice to talk to you

Right the nas_plugin is the one who controlles the installation of pkg's.

Normally there is no diff in retail and kiosk cause when you enter the unlock code the ps3 tunrs into a normal ful working one by setting a flag.

DEV_Flash files of retail and debug could also be swapped but not the bios files they are not in dev_flash. Swapping thoes files from one and the same fw revision (like 3.55 or 4.0) should be ok even debug ones. But vsh and some other have owen keys. Thats the way ACID CFW and REBUG work

But i dono understand the purpose of this. Why you want to turn it into a kiosk con?
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 12-23-2011 at 11:54 AM

just for the install package files options, i tried adding install package to retail 4.00 but it just made the XMB go really jumpy

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News