Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    KUDOS to you man. Its awesome move forward in the right direction...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so if get debug fimware 4.00 extract dev_flash swap a few files we should be good? yeah.

quick note: if you want to play games online you need to download and install the update via install package files cause kiosk doesn't download game updates. i just use charles to hijack the links and download them from a second ps3. or you could boot the game and download them on 3.55 before you copy dev_flash and update to 4.00
    Last edited by technodon; 12-22-2011 at 01:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have now promoted the video post to the main page as well, and +Rep for sharing it technodon!

No not really cause the BIOS files of 3.55 do not work with the VSH.SELF of 4.0. Diff keys !!!

And if you mean to mix up retail 4.0 files with debug 4.0 files this also don't lead into debug mode.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 12-22-2011 at 02:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just to clarify. i don't actually have a kiosk console my method works on a retail CECH-2503B slim. it seems you can you dual boot between kiosk 4.00 and 4.00OFW by swapping drives, probably best to swap drives back before attempting to downgrade back to 3.55..

Do you have to do this everytime you boot up?

no, but if you want to make modifications to the firmware you will need to downgrade and repeat the process (making mods is not recommended unless you really know what your doing)

hard tutorial the CFW is better but need longer time to wait for it
    Last edited by goodone; 12-22-2011 at 06:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The dump of fw 4.00 is useless since everyone can unpack any fw and to get it with the ps3tools, so it is useless for any devs.

[Register or Login to view code]

I never used kiosk fw, but I think there is an easier way to install it, but you can only install signed code, so it is useless, too. I'm agree with cfwprophet on what he said about it.
    Last edited by Ezio; 12-22-2011 at 07:20 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah, i would say its pretty useless too, although i'm thinking there could be some kind of exploit with the fritzz chess game, it seems to be coded in plain c and it is the only game i have seen like this. but the problem is i can't get the game to boot from the hard disc without decrypting the eboot and re-singing it with 3.55 keys.

unless i could find a demo pkg but i dont think a demo was ever release on the store. if i could boot it maybe we could swap the code to boot some open source..

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News