Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its probably got potential but its of no use to anyone atm as it can't run homebrew so how is this any better than OFW?

When it can run homebrew then it'll be wanted by anyone on 4.00 and that's IF it can be installed over the top of 4.00OFW to start with.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    great work !! keep it up ! hope to see it install other PKG's like multiman

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I tested this on my ps3 and now is in demo mode and I'm in recovery mode and do not let me install any FW or CFW OFW or how can I fix this??

ps3hen, is it possible to come up with a way for folks on your earlier versions of 4.0 to update to a newer patch? It seems early adopter would be stuck at one revision unless they have an E3 or something.

Banned User
    Okay that's just plain weird, there aren't any kiosk (kiosk, demo are the same thing) FW files in my pup or patch. What FW did you install this from and what kind of ps3? I am assuming you're console was a retail originally.

Also can you go into system settings and then to system information. Hold down 'L1', 'R1', 'left d-pad button', 'square' for about 3 seconds and then immediately press and hold down start. Somewhere on the first line it should either say 'CEX' or 'Shop'. Can you tell me which one it is?

Quote Originally Posted by moja View Post
    ps3hen, is it possible to come up with a way for folks on your earlier versions of 4.0 to update to a newer patch? It seems early adopter would be stuck at one revision unless they have an E3 or something.
    No not at the moment, I wish I could but that would require knowing how to make PUP files which pass the extra checks performed by the new system updater (used in FWs 3.56+). Besides I can't think of anyone without a flasher who would install this, that is people who read whole posts.
    Last edited by ps3hen; 02-01-2012 at 09:58 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User

Big Grin PS3 4.00 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) v3 Pack Update is Now Available

Following up on my previous release, after moja drew to my attention the inconvenience of having to downgrade to 3.55 and re-install a new PUP to get new features in my HFW I tried to look for a solution.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (with XMB Manager 0.09 Beta built into the XMB Mod files)

Making a FW 4.00 compatible PUP was not an option. So I looked for another way. At the moment I'm quite happy with the base firmware of my HFW and the only real thing I would change to add new features would be in the XMB items.

Like new revisions of DeViL303's XMB Manager. So I did some experimenting with the XML files and found it is possible to use resources from external (other than the /dev_flash/) devices. So basically I've modified the XMB read XML instructions from a USB device.

This allows me to port revisions of the XMB Manager, and my 4.00HFW users can simply copy the files to a USB to use the newer version. No downgrade required to use XMB updates. I'm not likely to release another firmware a revision of my 4.00 HFW after this one for a while, unless something BIG comes along.

Instructions to install this PUP:

1. Be on a firmware 3.55 or less
    2. Install the .pup through the XMB (Make sure you have a working hardware flasher as there is no other way to downgrade)

Instructions to prepare the XMB Mod for USB:

1. Create a Directory on a USB stick called "XMB"
    2. Copy "xmb.xml" from the XMB Mod Package and copy it to the "XMB" directory on your USB stick

Instructions to use the XMB mod with my HFW:

1. Have the USB plugged anytime the XMB is loaded. For instance, when the PS3 is turning on and loading the XMB, or when you quit an application to go back to the XMB.
    2. Once the XMB has loaded you can remove the USB stick as it is no longer necessary.

NOTE: The PS3 can operate without the XMB Mods. Not using the XMB Mods on the USB stick will not damage your PS3 in anyway. The only thing that will happen is that the XMB Mods will not show.

Obviously the ability to add items to the XMB is not restricted to the XMB Manager and it's updates, it is capable of adding any item or number items to the XMB provided they are entered into the xmb.xml correctly and are compatible with the relevant .sprx (for instance Network Settings will not work in the Game category as that cannot handle the item class "type:x-xmb/xmlsysconf").

Also I've configured the other categories to read from the xmb.xml too. (Although System Settings cannot be altered, as for some reason the XML file for it, is ignored) It won't be very hard for someone who knows about editing XMB .XML files to figure out how to take advantage of this.

BTW the XMB File Manager, now called the XMB Manager is modification of Team Rebug's "Package Manager", is now a collaboration project, involving DeViL303, Bitsbubba, PS3hen, Andreus , abuser and more! And as such should be credited for the XMB Manager and its progress. The official development page can be found here ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/2431-UPDATED-XMB-Integrated-File-Manager-Beta-v0-06c-%28WIP-POC%29

Just like before only retail signed .PKG can be installed with this. Have fun. THIS HFW WILL NOT ALLOW HOMEBREW!

Change Log:

Version 3:
    • Added the ability to read XML instructions from a usb device plugged in "/dev_usb000/" allowing users to add items to the XMB by modifying an XML file on the USB device.
    • Re-added "Install Package Files" to the XMB so the user is not forced to use XMB mods if they wish to install .PKG files.
    • Note: Still retains the features from previous versions regardless of whether XMB Mods are used or not.

Version 2.5:
    • Fix's Custom Icons/labels not showing in-game
    • Using Version 0.07 of the XMB File Manager (ported to FW 4.00 by me)
    • PSN content waiting to be installed/copied now only shows in the (Playstation Network Content) sub menu of the XMB File Manager (I noticed the XMB File Manager used the wrong internal link to show PSN content so I fixed this)
    • PS2 game discs show as "Playstation 2 Format Disc" instead of "Unrecognised Data" on Non-BC PS3s
    • The XMB File Manager uses a custom icon(see picture)
    • The "Playstation Network Content" now uses a (IMO) better icon

Version 2:
    • Adds "Debug XMB Items" to the XMB Column "PlayStation Network" (contains the Debug items found in this column, originally for DEX)
    • Removes the useless "PlayStation Plus" XMB item from the XMB Column "PlayStation Network"
    • Disables Cinavia DRM on all media except Blue-ray.

Version 1:
    • Adds DeViL303's "XMB File Manager" to the XMB Column "Game"
    • Adds "/app_home/PS3GAME/" to the XMB Column "Game" (has no function at the moment, but is here for completeness)

PS3 4.00 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) v3 Pack Update is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

I told devil for over one year now. To activate the copy mode in xmb manager you need to add the syscall to the specific sprx that will be used with this xml. But he thinks we try to direct him on wrong way and all that scene drama. I never give some wrong info only in case to direct some one onto the wrong way.

Also the reason he don't understand this is in case he have no knowledge for such things there for patching lv1, lv2, sprx and so on was my work. Also to modd a own acid payload which he now just diss with "but it never worked" and some other unprofessional stuff like posting private mails.

I couldn't bring my work to end for some good reason. But anyway good luck with adding the copy function to a sprx without having the keys for 4.0

No offense meant to you or your work so please don't misunderstand.

Cheers for the update ps3hen, +Rep and promoted to the main page now as well.

I am going to be updating to 4.00 soon, but would this HFW be a better option that going to the OFW? I don't have a flasher or anything. So would that be an issue for getting future releases of the HFW? Or should I just go OFW4.00? I understand that this HFW can't run homebrew, backups, or anything that is not signed code. But If something big comes around (like unsigned pkg files installing) would it be better to already be on HFW?

And is there any way to update the future versions of the HFW? I just really want to play my games (that don't work). I would be willing to sit on HFW if that may lead to getting homebrew (like showtime player) to work. Just want opinion on these options. Also wanting to get it done before 4.01 comes out for real.

If you're not ready to fix your console in case of troubles, leave this project to other people, till the day will deserve a risk. I say it for your console and the huge amount of money spent for buy it, with maximum respect for this project.

Sponsored Links
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News