Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Post PS3 3.70 Downgrade lets talk it up

Sponsored Links
    ok first off i would like to say hello this is my first post here at ps3news and i am excited to be involved in any projects. that being said, would it work if you take the same model ps3's one with firmware 3.7 and the other at 3.55 and dump the 3.55 nand firmware and write it to the 3.7 nand chip using something like INFECTUS or progskeet will that downgrade from 3.7 to 3.55? or is there more details about it i need to know/edit?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've got a PS3 with CFW3.55, can I install CFW3.55 no check and then swap the HDD and install OFW3.70?

I don't have Progskeet and I don't want to have it btw...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think imma do it too

when all is done im going to make a chip switch i'll buy a identical nand set and put 3.70 on the original and 3.55 on the copy soldered to a daughter board also a hard drive cable split when you flick the switch it changes from one harddrive plus nand to the other harddrive and nand no need to reflash every time. how does that sound.

Something like what you just said was supposedly accomplished, look here - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-119534-4.html

... and look on page 6 in the same thread I linked you to.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 08-28-2011 at 05:24 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

and i wanted to be original darn lol great minds think alike also if you didn't want to go through all the trouble of the dual nand you could always hock your infectus up permanently to your ps3 and then make a new mini usb port on the back of your ps3 buy cutting and wiring up a male usb to female mini usb then use a usb to mini to cook it to your computer when you need to flash.

i wish i could afford one of these chips i'm thinking about putting all the information i read about in this fourm and others in one organized website dedicated to downgrading and mods i need help extracting all the pertinent information though.

Quote Originally Posted by michael040990 View Post
    i wish i could afford one of these chips i'm thinking about putting all the information i read about in this fourm and others in one organized website dedicated to downgrading and mods i need help extracting all the pertinent information though.
    Another good idea I'm just waiting for a simple and easy downgrade/dual booting method.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 08-29-2011 at 08:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you sound like you have the knowledge to do what you say.. well done mick!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupilami View Post
    I've got a PS3 with CFW3.55, can I install CFW3.55 no check and then swap the HDD and install OFW3.70?

I don't have Progskeet and I don't want to have it btw...
    anyone got an answer for that? once again, I'd like to install cfw3.55nocheck on my cfw3.55, after that, I put in a new HDD, install ofw3.70 and done.

Does that work? If not, why?

i'm not sure i haven't used no check but if you install a ofw over a cfw the cfw is deleted and the ofw will look at the hard drive for the ofw drive and if you put a cfw drive in it wont be recognized by the ofw on the nand.
    Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    you sound like you have the knowledge to do what you say.. well done mick!!
    thank you i'm just trying to learn everything i can i have much to learn.
    Last edited by michael040990; 08-31-2011 at 12:05 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News