Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thats kool.. i just got to get me a prog skeet man!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is the video of tutorial: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post382867

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    someone needs to figure out how to make something that you can place over the processor and hook in to it with out soldering make something like a bottle cap for it so that all you got to do is place over the processor and lock it over the processor.. it cant be that hard.

think how they got other computers and that might help. what needs to be done is make a mold of the processor and design a cap that locks on the processor and after that more people will buy the mod chip i know this is what everybody is waiting for because they don't want to miss up their ps3 make the cap for the processor.

hello, uf6667 has said he's working on a solderless, there is videos out on one, it will be ready when its ready

Question

How about new type of ps3 slim? Does this working with the new ones?

can we make CFW from this just wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by clementz View Post
    How about new type of ps3 slim? Does this working with the new ones?
    No, the Infectus downgrade method is for the older NAND consoles. The new consoles are NOR based which require a progskeet or similar to interface with the flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by tysinb View Post
    can we make CFW from this just wondering?
    No, no, no.... This is simply to downgrade your console to the 'special' firmware versions (for jailbreaking/installing CFW) such as 3.41 or 3.55 (or whichever you choose)
    Last edited by mushy409; 08-23-2011 at 06:55 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    I hope we get this method for the fat ps3s, but somehow I doubt it since they have the complete flash in the ps3 and not on the hdd. Correct me if I'm wrong...
    This method should also work for CECHH and later FAT models - they have also 16MB NOR-flash. Fatties CECHA..CECHG need another method.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    But great fo those ps3 slim users because they can go ofw and back to jb mode with a couple of hours of work...
    Swapping HD and flashing proper image.bin won't take hours. Cool would be to glue a PCB with 16MB NOR flash and connector to HD so you would swap the proper flash the same time you swap the HD
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyManHRU View Post
    There is no need to use this tutorial if you have Kmeaw CFW.
    With this method you can use CFW with it's advantages or swap to 3.70 and go onlline.

Think you're confusing this method with the 3.70 NOR downgrade method - as I stated earlier, this method work ONLY with the 256Mb NAND consoles CECHA up to CECHG (phattys)

The other guide doesn't involve the Infectus as it doesn't support NOR flash. You'll need to be looking into buying a progskeet...

I think my PS3 is old enough to try to crack open.

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News