Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Firmware 3.50 Decrypted, Free Public PS3 Downgrader WIP

Sponsored Links
    Just a few days back we saw a video of PS Downgrade software by the PSJailBreak Team in action, and today graf_chokolo has posted on xorloser's blog (linked above) that he has decrypted PS3 Firmware 3.50 and while it's still a WIP it could very well lead to a free public PlayStation 3 downgrader alternative.

To quote: I am able now to decrypt and decompress CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg from PS3 PUP-Files. The decrypted and decompressed package is a copy of FLASH region where all the important SELFs and isolated SPUs stored, e.g. lv1.self or isoldr.

So, now i could downgrade PS3 by writing this decrypted image to FLASH manually, without Update Manager from HV. In fact, Update Manager just do this But the problem is, that the SHA-1 hash values for these files are stored not in flash but in SC EEPROM and i don't have access to it yet

Here is a snippet from CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg 3.15:

[Register or Login to view code]

I have already decrypted Core OS Packages from 3.15, 3.41 and 3.50 PUP-Files. Also decrypted Revoke List for Packages and Programs which can be also found in PUP-Files. And also SYSCON firmware was decrypted by me.

Sony uses zlib to compress Core OS Packages. But not all packages are compressed, e.g. SYSCON firmwares are not compressed, just crypted. Packages are first compressed and then decrypted. So first they have to be decrypted and then decompressed with zlib on Linux e.g.

I have also decrypted profile file DEFAULT.SPP. There are stored e.g. System manager configuration and other things like ACLs.

Today decrypted Core OS Package 2.80, BlueRay Drive Firmware, Bluetooth Firmware and System Controller Firmware.

Bluetooth/WLAN is a Marvell chip.

Some interesting strings from Bluetooth Firmware 3.41:

Marvell Firmware SDK Version 2.3.0

Eurus_Primary_Phy Marvell_AP

DoSharedKeySeq1

mlmeAuthDoSharedKeySeq3

There is a new isolated SPU module in Firmware 3.50 which is not contained in older firmwares.

manu_info_spu_module.self (it stands for "manufacture information")

Just decrypted 1.80 debug firmware.
    Contents of DEFAULT.SPP file are a little bit different.

In DEFAULT.SPP are stored different configuratons which are e.g. read by system manager during boot, e.g. LPAR parameters for LINUX, GameOS, PS2 Emulation. This file is managed by SPL (Secure Profile Loader).

CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg from 3.42 Firmware is now also decrypted :-)
    And 1.10, the first firmware, also :-)

Here is a small snippet: [Register or Login to view links]

Here is a snippet from 1.10: [Register or Login to view links]

Here is a snippet from 3.50: [Register or Login to view links]

Here is a snippet of BD Firmware 301R from Firmware 3.50: [Register or Login to view links]

Finally, according to Sony PlayStation 3 hacker Mathieulh, from PS3 Firmware 3.50 onward a new additional root key of 0x30 bytes (3 times the same 0x10 bytes chunk) copied by metldr right to offset 0.

PS3 Firmware 3.50 Decrypted, Free Public PS3 Downgrader WIP

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    good work everybody! Thanks to all the hard working devs! I would love to get my Phat PS3 back to 3.15 or some debug FW.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    looking forward (not back) to custom 3.50 with JB, OtherOS and BC (backups) support.

This could allow us to update our jailbroken firmware, since we can now access the files contained inside PS3 update files.

We could then use a hardware mod like the infectus chip to flash the new updated files to our PS3.

Hopefully someone will find a way to modify all the firmware files without requiring a type of hardware modification.

Being able to open and decrypt PS3 update packages is a big breakthrough in getting jailbroken PS3s updated or paving the way for a more "custom" firmware.

lmfao awesome!

i don't particularly need it but HEY! progress x99

Same here, i personally don't need but i'm sure many people are very excited they will be able to downgrade and i'm glad for any progress achieved.

Very nice news.. *drools*

i don't think that this is only about downgrading and jailbreaking. this is even more, it's about creating a new firmware that does whatever we want however we want whenever we want.

it needs a lot and not easy of course. but decrypting was road block and now it's done. so what else is there to make CFW?!!

or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post
    i don't think that this is only about downgrading and jailbreaking. this is even more, it's about creating a new firmware that does whatever we want however we want whenever we want.

it needs a lot and not easy of course. but decrypting was road block and now it's done. so what else is there to make CFW?!!

or is it?
    we need to acces the EEPROM, and it is difficult!

Hell yea! Progress has been moving so fast

It kinda makes me wonder... A few years from now, when Sony releases their PS4 and the PS3 is at it's full potential, completely hack'd out... Would the PS4 even be worth getting?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News