Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Registered User schockoladenman's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if you read this graf_chokolo thx for your work. i can see the future where i play with a jailbroken ps3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well done guys. respect o7

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome hopefully soon we can play 3.50 games!

I really respect the work here but there's something I don’t understand why DEVs are so shattered? Why don’t they just unite and unify their work and achievements... Mat, CJ, Demon hades, SKFU, graf_chokolo and sorry if I didn’t mention others I really know there's lots of talented DEVs working underground and others likes to show off their work. I'm really glad following this forum and the WIP of all DEVs, it pleases me to see gaining the full powers of the PS3 H/W. It’s time to open fully the Pandora box…

Thumbs Up

Great news! Keep up he good work

respect

Quote Originally Posted by ramx2 View Post
    I really respect the work here but there's something I donít understand why DEVs are so shattered? Why donít they just unite and unify their work and achievements... Mat, CJ, Demon hades, SKFU, graf_chokolo and sorry if I didnít mention others I really know there's lots of talented DEVs working underground and others likes to show off their work. I'm really glad following this forum and the WIP of all DEVs, it pleases me to see gaining the full powers of the PS3 H/W. Itís time to open fully the Pandora boxÖ
    There are lots of reasons for this. Some of them don't like each other. Some of them have different goals/ideals/morals and won't work on certain projects because of piracy, code theft, etc.

Most of all, they aren't being paid for this, so a lot of it is that these guys only work on what they feel like, when they feel like, so us regular joes just have to hope and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ramx2 View Post
    I really respect the work here but there's something I donít understand why DEVs are so shattered? Why donít they just unite and unify their work and achievements...
    Another thing to think about is that by working separately, avenues of attack are less likely to get missed. I'm sure this guy isn't the only one trying to decrypt the firmware, yet he's the only one who's managed so far. If they were all working together, it's quite possible that they'd find an avenue of attack that looks promising and all go that way together rather than each person finding their attack vectors.

There's probably duplicated work going on, but it's unlikely that everybody is trying exactly the same things.

Arrow

Some more updates from xor's blog: [Register or Login to view links]
    graf_chokolo says:

Holy sht, guys !!! Just decrypted CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg from service jig PUP. There are new SPUs in there

Here is a snippet: [Register or Login to view links]
    graf_chokolo says: I am able to decrypt now dev_flash and dev_flash3 tarballs The are huge and it takes much time to decrypt and uncompress them.

Here are some snippets from 3.42 PUP.

dev_flash_001.tar.aa.2010_09_01_202236: [Register or Login to view links]

dev_flash_007.tar.aa.2010_09_01_202236: [Register or Login to view links]

dev_flash_021.tar.aa.2010_09_01_202236: [Register or Login to view links]

dev_flash3_022.tar.aa.2010_09_01_202422: [Register or Login to view links]

Finally! Great news! This gives us people on 3.50 hope

Another Massive update:
    graf_chokolo says: I promised to you guys that i will make my HV findings public.

I just moved my “Hypervisor Reverse Engineering Page” from private section of ps3wiki to the public one. The page contains highly technical information and not all of you will understand it but i hope it will help us to reverse Hypervisor faster. It doesn’t contain all the knowledge about PS3 hypervisor i gained through reversing, in truth, it’s just a small piece of it, but i don’t have time to write everything i know down. I will update this page regularly :-)

And i will also upload my PSGroove payload source code soon. And then you will be able to decrypt packages from PUP files by yourself, dump your FLASH memory, dump your LV2 kernel, run isolated SPU’s on GameOS and other cool things :-) So use this knowledge and code to help the PS3 developer community to reverse PS3 Hypervisor and GameOS :-)
    Ohhh the possibilities!! Cant wait for his PSGroove payload to start with!!

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News