Following up on the previous update and his PS3 4.50 CFW release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Habib returns with PS3 Control Fan Utility 2.00 (unofficial) for PS3 CFW 4.50 with the changes below.Sponsored Links
Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] by adygt / [Register or Login to view links] (Resigned for Rogero 4.30 v2.05) by jonnyjaeger
To quote: Hey guys i thought to share src and update fan control utility
1. added 4.46 cex
2. added 4.50 cex
3. added 4.41 dex (not tested now cause no dex here)
4. added dex 4.46 (not tested cause no dex here.dex 4.46=rebug rex 4.46 dex mode)
1. hermes (real first dev of this app)
2. rancid-o for payloads
3. to my ps3 to test
Control Fan Utility 'Quiet' (lowered min speed restriction in mode 2) by adygt
What is this?
It's just a recompiled version of this great utility (v. 2.00 by Habib is the base) to provide a quieter version to those who find the safety limit in mode 2 (lowest possible speed - 0x5F) a little too strict and noisy, provided that their PS3 can handle a little bit of extra heat.
What are the differences to the stock version?
- the lowest speed restriction in mode 2 (manual fan control mode) is 0x4F
- 0x5A is the default speed in mode 2
- reversed the order of mode selection (stock order: Payload --> max fan speed --> SYSCON (system default) --> manual fan control, new order: Payload --> manual fan control --> SYSCON --> max fan speed - thanks for the suggestion jonnyjaeger !
Everything else remains untouched.
NOTE: Since the safety limit was lowered, it is now much easier to cause the PS3 to overheat and/or get an YLOD! This is intended only for those who think their PS3 can handle a bit more of extra heat in exchange for less noise. Use this at your own risk. I am in no way responsible of frying your PS3 or anything else that might happen by using this application.
All credits go to Estwald, many thanks for making this possible! Big thanks goes to Rancid-o for the payloads and, of course, to habib for porting this to 4.50 and releasing the sources! If in the future comes out a new version of this utility for a possible new firmware, I will eventually update this thread with the newest one.
Works fine on my Rebug REX 4.46. I hope some of you enjoy
More PlayStation 3 News...