Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I have freezing on rebug 4.31 only I try to install big pkg file. No other problem I have see.

Its an awesome application. Thanks so much Estwald.

I've noticed when the fan goes a little faster ever since I installed this I now get a yellow flashing light when playing games. Its goes green then yellow then green etc. Even when its shutting down it goes red, yellow, red, yellow until it turns off then its just red.
    Is this a feature of this software or is this PS3 about to YLOD on me?

When I'm using Showtime and watching movies for ages its all good as that doesn't overheat but when I play a game, give it about 5 mins and it starts flashing yellow. It doesn't turn off or crash, its all good. I exited the game fine, I shutdown fine, it just flashes yellow and there is nothing I can find that says thats part of this fan process or its ok this is happening.

It also only started since I installed this. I changed modes then left it on payload.

Be careful StanSmith.. you never know if it will cause issues with fan running faster for longer periods of time. Hopefully the dev has insight on it.

I found out its NOT this control fan software, its IrisManager that did it. I used MultiMan and nothing happened, I loaded up IrisManager and it started flashing yellow.

PS3 Fan Control Utility v1.7 for PS3 CFW CEX 3.41 to 4.41 Arrives

Following up on his previous revision, today Spanish PlayStation 3 developer Estwald released PS3 Fan Control Utility v1.7 which now supports up to PS3 CFW 4.41 with details below.

Download: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/ps3/control_fan_utility_v1.7.rar / Control Fan Utility v1.7 (Silent) (min speed lowered to 0x4f) / controlfan_1.7_silent_4.30.pkg.zip by adygt

To quote, roughly translated: Uploaded version 1.7, which theoretically supports all PS3 firmwares (If you see a problem, and I correct red phone )

Fan Control Utility v1.7 Changelog:

Accepted CEX/DEX based CFW's

For those unaware, PlayStation 3 Control Fan Utility is an application that let you set the speed of the fan for your PS3 console or install a payload that runs behind games and controls the fan speed to keep the temperature under a certain reading.

The utility is intended to work on CFW CEX/DEX 3.41, 3.55, 4.21, 4.30, 4.31, 4.40 and 4.41. There has been expanded support for more CEX Based CFW's in recent updates like support for CFW 4.41 and all DEX firmwares. Rebug 4.30.2 DREX works just fine in DEX mode as well.

PS3 Fan Control Utility v1.7 for PS3 CFW CEX 3.41 to 4.41 Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

My PS3 YLOD when exiting this app, with iris manager its fine btw i'm using rebug 4.41

Great app! Hopefully I'll dodge YLoD on my 60GB using this. Just one thing though, I can't figure out how to edit and install custom Payload settings. I've edited them in the ps3_controlfan.S file to what I want them to be.

My issue now is rebuilding the .pkg so I can have customized fan speed. Can anyone give me any pointers? Much thanks.

/JYP

There's no such thing as DREX firmware, D-REX is REX but installable on DEX firmware. Once you install D-REX, you end up on REX.

So this sentence should actually say: Rebug 4.30.2 REX works just fine in DEX mode as well.
    Last edited by mschumacher69; 05-19-2013 at 05:01 AM

So...what are the actual benefits of using this utility other than maintaining the PS3 at a reasonable temperature? I ask since there are posts here saying one utility or the other with this fan speed functionality are causing them YLOD. Yet on first impression, I thought this was perfect for older PS3s with the tendency to suffer YLODs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast