Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey guys, just thought id post to thank all of you for the hard work you have put in and hopefully it will pay of in the end when the system is cracked

Quick question/suggestion.

To my knowledge, this backup, backs up the games and everything that is downloaded and has been on the system? If so, let say someone has downloaded a game of psn, wont that person be able to back it up and pass it on to a "friend" ... and that friend passes it on and on? Correct me if im wrong? But IF that works, everything people will need is a big hard drive on their ps3 and alot of pks files to restore the game they "borrow from friends". And no need for an isoloader...?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriller View Post
    Hey guys, just thought id post to thank all of you for the hard work you have put in and hopefully it will pay of in the end when the system is cracked

Quick question/suggestion.

To my knowledge, this backup, backs up the games and everything that is downloaded and has been on the system? If so, let say someone has downloaded a game of psn, wont that person be able to back it up and pass it on to a "friend" ... and that friend passes it on and on? Correct me if im wrong? But IF that works, everything people will need is a big hard drive on their ps3 and alot of pks files to restore the game they "borrow from friends". And no need for an isoloader...?
    Doesn't work i think i can upload you my backup of the Ps3 if you like to try it ...
    But i think the Backup is only for the ps3 which made it .. that is why you have to put your own files to the renamed pkg etc

Greet

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To clarify: If we want to install or test a .pkg it must be unsigned?

Eg. downloaded ps3 demo from net or maybe some mini games like lemmings and others?

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    To clarify: If we want to install or test a .pkg it must be unsigned?

Eg. downloaded ps3 demo from net or maybe some mini games like lemmings and others?
    No, he was just trying the test.pkg to see if a debugging station pkg would do anything.

downloaded demo's anywhere else are signed for retail.. you can try either... and will likely have the same results.

Ok worked with the lemmings.pkg and the Backup Tool v1.2.

But no lemmings will apear on my game xmb also no broken icon.

Is this correct?

So the game in his video allready was on the system and this only shows how we could put .pkg on the system without the need to format?

Just a Backdoor POC!?
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 01-12-2009 at 01:34 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News