Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice find Jordan!

Keep up the good work!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi, I'm back again and I've managed to solve the problem (With the replicated error code).

Over the last hour I've been visiting some of my testers, and we've run through some comparisons between my version of the software and theirs.

During the change from firmware 3.41 to 3.50, it caused a hick-up when reading the information from the proxy, caused by the proxy maintaining some old cache which doesn't normally affect firmware updates; but because Sony tried to prevent proxy methods, it's confusing the proxy and the PS3.

In a simple sentence, the proxy is trying to tell the PS3 your running firmware 3.41 still and the PS3 is saying NO !!!!. Hence the error.

A simple solution for this is to delete the entire contents of the application and make a fresh download; you'll get an error message when you first sign-in to the playstation network, wait about 5 minutes as their should be downloads popping up on the manager (PC). The error (first time only) is because it's refreshing the information.

Hopefully Sony won't make anymore changes to proxy methods, at least it's not a major issue at the moment.

If this issue, still occurs then I'd be very confused as it's fixed it for my testers and my replicated error code.

A.k.a If it's still not working just let me know, and I'll try and help you

Links:
    Latest Download Manager (3.62): [Register or Login to view links]
    A new plugin demonstration: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/attach...chmentid=22153

The new plugin demonstration is for budding developers to design a useful piece of software to further extend the use of the proxy server, it will demonstrate a potential use of the plugin SDK previously released.

In this demonstration the application will use information stored in the cache, to display a list of games played on the console. (.XML must be enabled in the Ext.txt for this to work)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow :-)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    will this app allow me to re-download purchased PSN games from either my 3.41FW jailbroken PS3 or from my PC..?

I'm assuming the PS3 doesn't need to be jailbroken to use this, correct?

I tried running 3.62 and downloaded the Force Unleashed 2 Demo as a test. I started the download on PSN, pushed Circle when "Please wait" appeared. The demo then downloaded through my PC.

Once it finished I clicked "Download" again on the PS3 for the demo but it just tries to re-download it via PSN. Is there something I am doing wrong or does 3.62 not work any more?

Wink

Very interesting, i'm waiting my new ps3 to try it. Downloads are very slow...

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by PopSmith View Post
    I'm assuming the PS3 doesn't need to be jailbroken to use this, correct?

I tried running 3.62 and downloaded the Force Unleashed 2 Demo as a test. I started the download on PSN, pushed Circle when "Please wait" appeared. The demo then downloaded through my PC.

Once it finished I clicked "Download" again on the PS3 for the demo but it just tries to re-download it via PSN. Is there something I am doing wrong or does 3.62 not work any more?
    Hi, I'm sorry for taking so long to reply.

Answer to your first question, nope their is no need to jailbreak your console as I don't believe in piracy, and misuse such as bypassing updates which could give you an advantage over others; hence why I strictly ensured that no piracy could be achieved with this application, otherwise Sony would have the intention to block it, and I don't want that.

At the current time version 3.62 is still functioning without any problems,
    I've just done a test run of Force Unleashed 2 Demo and it worked.

When you say it "It tries to redownload it via PSN" do you mean it starts the download again on the PC? or It downloads from the PSN and doesn't go through the proxy? or the transfer rate is still slow, but it's coming from the proxy?

Could you run some tests for me?

1. Start the download from the PSN after it's downloaded on the PC and look at the Ethernet light on the PC to see if it's blinking rapidly, if so the data should be coming from the proxy.

2. Connect the PS3 Console to the internet via ICS on your PC, for optimal improvement. (Optional but will solve slow speed problems, between PC & PS3)

You should be able to transfer any game to the PS3 in under 10 minutes via ICS, as it creates a 1 Gigabit direct link.

I hope this helps, but many factors such as network quality can affect the performance of my booster, as technical limits such as WiFi which is limited to 54Mbps (Which to be honest will make the proxy seem no better than PSN), 100Mbps Ethernet is slightly faster but not fast enough, you need a 1Gbps internal network setup for it work at it's best.

It only boosts whats coming down the broadband line, but after that it's limited to the maximum transfer rate between the two devices.

Is there any chance you could post the source code for this project? I've been looking for a good c# download manager for a while to use as a starting point.

If you don't feel comfortable posting the entire source code, could you possibly post the download manager portion? I was hoping to make a download manager of my own, something not PS3 related though.

Thanks

PSN Download Manager 3.71 Works on 3.61+ PS3 Firmware

This is an update to inform users that PSN Download Manager 3.71 is released, and to clarify it is still functional on PS3 Firmware 3.61 released this week.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] - We're working on many other projects as well which you may find useful, so keep checking every few days

Preparing the Application:

Setting Up Your Console:

1. Start Your PlayStation Console
    2. Under Network Settings, Choose Custom.
    3. When it asks for Proxy, set it to Use.
    4. Enter your IP Address given by running Internal IP.bat
    5. Enter the port as 27
    6. Save the changes, start PSN DM.exe

Using the Application:

1. Start a download from the PSN
    2. When it says "Please Wait" Press Circle

You'll notice it is now displayed in the Download Manager, once finished, proceed with the following to Transfer onto the PlayStation...

3. Go back and Download the Content / File again, it should transfer from the PC...

PSN Download Manager 3.71 Out, Works on PS3 Firmware 3.61

PSN Download Manager 3.71 Out, Works on PS3 Firmware 3.61

More PlayStation 3 News...

Hi Jordandyckes, I moved it to the main page now, but I couldn't get the download link to work... if you have another let me know and I will swap them.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News