Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    seriously you you do know there's personal info in dev_flash2 (passwords(PSN, network settings))

UPDATER_LOG found on flash drive after downgrade
    Code:
    manufacturing updating start
    PackageName = /dev_usb000/PS3UPDAT.PUP
    settle polling interval success
    vflash is disabled...
    The playback of that PS3 is working?
    Can you post here a non working dev_flash3? It's to compare with mine PS3 80gb Fat but mine says that vflash is enabled, is this something?
    Regards

P.S. I don't have any disc to try out, can I try with something else?
    Regards.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mpleao View Post
    The playback of that PS3 is working?
    Can you post here a non working dev_flash3? It's to compare with mine PS3 80gb Fat but mine says that vflash is enabled, is this something?
    Regards

P.S. I don't have any disc to try out, can I try with something else?
    Regards.
    Some 80gb are working, it seems it has alot to do with the size of the flash, you must have a newer 80gb, and I can't post without going through downgrade again as I have already restore my dev_flash3 backup
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 12-12-2010 at 07:26 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Some 80gb are working, it seems it has alot to do with the size of the flash, you must have a newer 80gb
    So I have a smaller NAND right? And is this good or bad?
    It's in warranty, do I call Sony? Or wait for a solution? If I call Sony what will they do?
    What PS3 wil they give me with what fw?
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by mpleao View Post
    So I have a smaller NAND right? And is this good or bad?
    It's in warranty, do I call Sony? Or wait for a solution? If I call Sony what will they do?
    What PS3 wil they give me with what fw?
    Regards.
    Non BC units came with smaller nand, warranty has nothing to do with it's the way they were disigned

just remembered I do have my non working dev_flash3
    Attached Files Attached Files

Non BC units came with smaller nand, warranty has nothing to do with it's the way they were disigned

just remembered I do have my non working dev_flash3

LOL?
    I can't call to Sony? If my PS3 is not reading Blu Ray movies, why this is nothing to do with warranty?
    Regards.

EDIT: I have opened your files and mines with notepad and they look the same. ****! So my BDplayback is broken? I will have to buy one BD to test.
    Last edited by mpleao; 12-12-2010 at 07:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by flashpc View Post
    No, as the console was at 3.50 when I started, I have a second ps3, I will try swapping the files, also as a side note, has anyone tried ripping the BD discs and then running them as images on the PS3, I have quickly tried accessing the BD drive with a disc in but it shows nothing in the folder using FlashFXP on the PC and blackb0x FTP 1.2 on the PS3

If anyone has any luck accessing the data on the BD disc can you let us know

Success... Woo yeah!!

To anyone who made have a problem with blu-rays here is the list of tasks I used to fix it with many thanks to everyone's input...

The next task is going to be to restore the data from the initial backup... wish me luck that by doing this I won't mess up the BD Playback.
    Which model PS3?
    Did you have the same user accounts on both PS3's?
    Did you have the Prohibited message or an error code running a BluRay?
    I tried this on a Phat 60GB Pal CECHC04 and it doesn't work.

seriously you you do know there's personal info in dev_flash2 (passwords(PSN, network settings))
    No I was not aware of that, but PSN was not used on this PS3 but if it could be an issue could a member of the moderation team please delete the upload if it is at all possible, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
    Which model PS3?
    Did you have the same user accounts on both PS3's?
    Did you have the Prohibited message or an error code running a BluRay?
    I tried this on a Phat 60GB Pal CECHC04 and it doesn't work.
    The downgraded model was a PHAT 60GB, the donor was a SLIM 120GB

The downgraded PS3 had all my PSN accounts, the donor dev_flash's had no PSN accounts at all seeing it was bought solely for jailbreak, the downgraded PS3 did show the prohibited message like everyone else.

I'm sorry to hear that its not working for you, unfortunately I'm still unsure how it all worked, but the only difference I found was 'drm' was on the downgraded PS3 and not on the donor PS3 so I deleted it

I 'll share with you 2 weird things:

1) swapped 40gb hdd internal on ps3 #1 without doing backup on fw 3.41 with 640gb samsung hdd. I have the same account on the new drive even if not backed up so I exported saves and they work.

2) ps3#2 on fw 3.42 or 3.50(my brother played acb original) tried psgrade with pic2550 and it worked easily using 3.15fw. no bd issue (it's a PAL fat 40 or 60gb hdd but before/after bluray movies play black and white using scart on my old tv) so no problem for me. maybe I can post you the log if you tell me where to find it

The logfile is on the usb device you used for the .self file. The BluRay problem seems to be the toughest on the 60GB launch models.

Is yours a genuine 60GB launch model? Because if yes it would be the first without the BluRay problem...

Quote Originally Posted by flashpc View Post
    To anyone who made have a problem with blu-rays here is the list of tasks I used to fix it with many thanks to everyone's input...
    i see tons of people getting this problem like a plague.

this has been the most solid and detailed method i've read so far, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News