Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks freeforall9, I added it to the first post now and +Rep!

Now this is exciting. Can't wait to try it out

You know what would make this truly badass?

Porting all these old FPS games (Quake, Duke 3D, Hexen, Heretic, etc) and making them LAN playable.... that would make my Christmas! Haha

whoa lol i forgot all about Hexen and Heretic those were awesome i 2nd the request hope one day in the nearby future we have all these ported fully working.

Sigh. I'd gladly sell my soul for the ability to play this on my Non HD tv, guess ill just have to wait.
    Porting all these old FPS games (Quake, Duke 3D, Hexen, Heretic, etc)
    ZOMG Duke Nukem will make me go nutty..

Arrow

Doom PS3 v4 and with source code and changes:
    • Scaling is done using the RSX now so 1080i/p is no longer slow (and triangle button no longer forces 720p because I don't think it's needed anymore). 480p and 576p screenmodes are also supported now. 480i and 576i should work too but I can't test them at the moment.
    • Press the CIRCLE button when in game (whenever the menu is not active) to cycle gamma correction levels, equivalent to pressing F11 in the PC game.
    • plutonia.wad DEMO3 / MAP12 should no longer crash.
    • Selecting quit game from the menu should no longer crash.
    • Better weapon cycling: proper order and it's demo compatible now, which is important later when the launcher allows you to record demos. (code taken from Chocolate Doom
    Attached Files Attached Files

where on earth can i get these wads at?

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    where on earth can i get these wads at?
    At underground gamer, or here (confirmed working), contains all supported WADs: tweak-it.net/PS3DoomWADs.7z
    Last edited by daGraveR; 12-05-2010 at 02:42 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cool

Doom PS3 v5 for 3.41 and 3.55 with changes below:
    • Updated to compile with latest PSL1GHT.
    • Should handle quit from XMB properly now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PrBoom: A new port doom to PS3

While not an update to the previous release, PlayStation 3 developer Robo Hobo has made available his own Doom PS3 port dubbed PrBoom this weekend for both PS3 Custom Firmware and JailBreak users followed by some revisions below.

Download: PrBoom Doom v2.5.0 r1 for PS3 CFW / PrBoom Doom v2.5.0 r1 for PS3 JB 3.41 / PrBoom Doom v2.5.8 r2 for PS3 CFW / PrBoom Doom v2.5.8 r2 for PS3 JB 3.41 / Doom 2 .WAD File SVN

To quote: Here is the second release of PrBoom for the PlayStation 3. I've pasted the readme below. Any comments on how you would like to see this improved are welcomed.

Changes in Release 2:
    • Update core to prboom-plus 2.5.8
    • Support Widescreen aspects
    • Fix control mapping
    • Allow both sticks to be mapped as buttons
    • Allow the movement keys to be remapped
    • Fix high pitched audio
    • Fix button repeat speed in menus
    • Loader can now copy WAD files off of USB devices

Note that these packages are in the 20 MB area due to including the data necessary to play music.

Here is the first release of PrBoom for the playstation 3. I've pasted the readme below. This release isn't without it's issues, though they mostly rest in configuring. Game play should be quite smooth, most features you would expect are implemented (eg saving, loading, music, minimally tested netplay). Any comments on how you would like to see this improved are welcomed.

Note that these packages are in the 20 MB area due to including the data necessary to play music.

PrBoom PS3 Port Release Notes:
    • To access the On Screen Keyboard, press R3 until you are in mouse mode. Now press L3 to toggle the on screen keyboard.
    • Navigating the games menus in joystick mode may be difficult. If you have trouble press R3 to enter mouse/keyboard mode. Press R3 again to return to Joystick mode when returning to the game.
    • It is possible to change the underscan and aspect correction settings. Enter soft-keyboard mode, and move the cursor above the numlock key and divide key on the key pad. Press the Cross Button to cycle the settings. They will be saved for the next time PrBOOM is launched.
    • It is possible to map all joystick buttons (except L3 R3 Cross and Square) to a keyboard key. On the on screen keyboard, highlight the key you want to map, hold Square, and press the button you want to map there. Currently this is not supported for modifier keys. Now in keyboard or mouse mode pressing that button will act as if you had pressed the key.

Usage: Install the PrBOOM package on your jailbroken ps3 using normal means. Once installed use FTP to copy supported Doom wads to '/dev_hdd0/game/HBDM90000/USRDIR/wad'. When copying ensure that the filename of the wad is in all lowercase letters (eg 'doom.wad', not 'DOOM.WAD').

Controls: When starting PrBOOM SDL will be in joystick mode. The default controls are:
    • Fire: R2
    • Run: Circle
    • Use: Cross
    • Cross: Use
    • Dpad Left: Cycle weapons
    • Dpad Right: Cycle weapons
    • R1 + L1: Strafe
    • Start: Open Menu
    • Select: Open Auto Map
    • Dpad Down: Turn 180 degrees immediately

The first page of the input configuration menu displays and allows you to remap any control that can have a joystick control set to it.

Playing with a USB keyboard is supported, however you may need to remap any buttons on modifier keys (Alt, Shift, and Control).

The soft mouse can be accessed by pressing R3 during play, press R3 again to return to Joystick mode. An icon will appear in the corner of the screen indicating the change. The On Screen Keyboard can be toggled by pressing L3 in Mouse Mode.

Command Line Options: You can pass arbitrary command line arguments to prboom by typing them in at the loader. Upon typing the first character the on screen keyboard will popup showing the arguments in the caption at the top of the screen. Some examples would be:

-net ipaddress: port: To start a network game
    -warp 2 8: to warp to episode 2 map 8 in doom 1

Due to a deficiency in sdcell command lines must by typed with a physical keyboard.

Known Issues: Navigating the menus in joystick mode may cause buttons to be repeated rapidly. There may be an occasional hiccup in gameplay when new sections of levels are loaded.

Update: Pete_uk has now compiled PRBOOM Plus 2.5.0.8 R3 by Robo Hobo to work on ALL PS3 CFW (via techbliss.org/threads/prboom-plus-2-5-0-8-r3-by-robo-hobo-for-all-cfws.137/)

Download: PRBOOM-PLUS-2.5.0.8-R3.pkg (21.39 MB) / PRBOOM-PLUS-2.5.0.8-R3_ULTFREEDOOM.pkg (37.14 MB)

Homepage: code.google.com/p/sdcell/

Changes in Release 3:
    • Fix random stalls during game play while loading level data
    • Fix Chainsaw and Super Shot Gun not being selected with weapong cycling
    • WAD installer now installs PWADs as well as IWADs
    • Extra options can be selected for a game by pressing triangle on the loading screen

Changes in Release 2:
    • Update core to prboom-plus 2.5.0.8
    • Support Widescreen aspects
    • Fix control mapping
    • Allow both sticks to be mapped as buttons
    • Allow the movement keys to be remapped
    • Fix high pitched audio
    • Fix button repeat speed in menus
    • Loader can now copy WAD files off of USB devices

Release Notes:

PrBoom supports an on screen keyboard and soft mouse, to change the input mode hold either L3 or R3 for 1 second. An icon will appear on the screen to indicate the current input mode.

Usage:

Install the PrBOOM package on your jailbroken ps3 using normal means. Once installed either use FTP to copy supported Doom wads to '/dev_hdd0/game/HBDM90000/USRDIR/wad', or place them on the root of an attached USB drive and PrBoom will copy them for you.

Controls:

When starting PrBOOM SDL will be in joystick mode, The default controls are:
    • Left Stick: Move Forward and backward + strafe
    • Right Stick: Turn
    • Fire: R2
    • Use: R1
    • Run: L2
    • Turn Around: L1
    • Dpad: Change Weapons
    • Start: Open Menu
    • Select: Show Auto Map

In the menu:
    • Dpad: Navigate
    • Cross: Activate Item
    • Square: Go Back

In the loader:
    • Dpad: Select game
    • Cross: Start game normally
    • Triangle: Start game with advanced options
    • Square: Scan USB devices for WADs
    • Circle: Exit to XMB

In the advanced menu:
    • Dpad Up+Down: Select Option
    • Dpad Left+Right: Alter option
    • Dpad Left: Clear PWAD list (-file)
    • Dpad Right: Add new PWAD to list (-file)
    • Square: Toggle option
    • Cross: Load Game

During the level intermission you must press whatever button is mapped as 'Use' (default L1) to continue. The first page of the input configuration menu displays and allows you to remap any control that can have a joystick control set to it. Playing with a USB keyboard is supported, however you may need to remap any buttons on modifier keys (Alt, Shift, and Control).

PrBoom: Doom PS3 Homebrew Port for Custom Firmware Arrives

PrBoom: Doom PS3 Homebrew Port for Custom Firmware Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast