Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Devs Begin PlayStation 3 Flash and Registry Entry Analysis

Sponsored Links
    With the release of yesterday's PS3 FTP server which enabled easy access to dev_hdd0, dev_flash, dev_flash2, dev_flash3 and dev_bdvd on the PS3, several developers are now examining the PlayStation 3's dev_flash and registry entries.

Forum user diemetal has let us know today that Spanish PS3 developer [Register or Login to view links] has began to analyze dev_flash from PS3 Firmware version 3.41, stating the following (roughly translated):

"TeamHades has removed the three dev_flash that PS3 has. Thanks to the Homebrew PS3News we needed to extract (PS3 FTP Server).

We begin the analysis with some pictures of their content, we will later file by file documenting that we are not able to do anything and escape in the future a stable CFW."

[Register or Login to view links] has also tweeted some pictures (below) of the PS3 flash contents and registry entries today.

Included in flash0 he stated that fonts, image, and 3 user modules (prx) files were interesting, however, he went on to say he is working on something else at the moment.

Finally, after a little digging CJPC discovered where Sony stores updates for both Retail and Debug PS3 games, stating that users can simply replace the game's TitleID with the one from any game and be able to obtain the latest update download links.

More details will come once PS3 Devs have had a chance to examine it, but for those who missed it and are interested the PS3 TEST / TOOL Debug Game Backup Guide also discusses this topic.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Version.txt?

Sponsored Links
    Just been having a poke around the PS3 with CJPCs FTP application. I found the various logs, which do contain information about the last ran titles etc. I also found a version.txt under the path /dev_flash/vhs/etc/.

Is there any way to get write permission to /dev_flash?

From the version.txt:

release:03.4100:

From the game.dat:

FTPD12345.NPEA90027.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    maybe if we just replace the 3.41 with 3.42 in the 3.41 fw, we wont have to update?

thanks for the heads up, sherlock holmes.

Wouldn't this just be the version it finds online and saves it to this file? Maybe try using a bypass proxy and see if this number changes.

Love it. All this progress is giving me a happy-on. Too bad my Teensy is on backorder for a few weeks

Nice Pic's an a nice theory of my head if i saw the ps1_rom.bin in the psx emu folder so i think if we have a Ps2_rom.bin and put it into the ps2emu folder then we have mabe aktivate the ps2 Emu its only a theroy but its one idea that i have i waiting for my dev board then i can tray a think the prob i have thets no write access to flash0 are

i dont have unterstand all time way i can create a PS2 Memcard but cand load a PS2 game so now i have a answer oogs like the PCSX wen you not have a Rome image you dont can play the game

sorry for my bad english

Good, making progress. Just a matter of time.

Good progress everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    Too bad my Teensy is on backorder for a few weeks
    I have the same thing when did you order it? Me Sep 1 and they need to ship it to the Netherlands.

But this is great news

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News