Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteclad57 View Post
    Could somebody post the psp_emu folder? I'm interested in creating a front-end to it for loading backups but i need to examine it first to get a clear shot of how it starts the hardware processes.
    we can't do that becasue that would be posting Sony code.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Actually we don't mind that here, however, all those files are encrypted so they probably wouldn't be too 'useful' at the moment.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Actually we don't mind that here, however, all those files are encrypted so they probably wouldn't be too 'useful' at the moment.
    Nothing in the dev_flash is encrypted. At least not for the FTP Server, that runs "inside" the PS3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkZeros View Post
    Nothing in the dev_flash is encrypted. At least not for the FTP Server, that runs "inside" the PS3.
    Umm, it is. Although there may be a plentiful amount of selfs and sprxes, they are ALL encrypted.

wait on that log picture does it basically mean that we can delete some of the text from it? stopping sony from knowing we activated backup manager?

I would like to compare the contents (filelist) of the PS2EMU folder on an original 20/60GB, an 80GB with software BC and a slim/late model fat.

Even encrypted, it could be revealing. I can provide the 80GB info whenever I obtain a jailbreak method.

I'm also really excited to see what comes of the PSPEMU. I've been wanting to play PSP games full screen and full speed for a long time. I even paid $250 for a PSP Slim and cable hoping it would be possible.
    Last edited by Kraken; 09-08-2010 at 08:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Koneesha View Post
    Or better yet it might allow us to downgrade to 3.15 and then back up to 3.41 at will. Then those of us with otherOS still wouldn't need to worry.
    That is my thought exactly. But I HIGHLY doubt it will be that simple.

But this is great that the flood gates have opened and now the scene can really take off.

Sony just shipped my PS3 back out to me today, I sure hope they didn't upgrade it to 3.42, because it was at 3.01 when I shipped it to them.

I got the FTP server up and running, and was going to dump everything onto my PC but it wouldn't let me, odd. I'll try again later, since this is a buggy program. But if I can get it working, I will upload my system dump. 80GB Fat console here. I haven't gone through every file/directory yet, but my files seem to be the same as the pics in the original post.

I've just fired up the ftp server, it works a treat. Definately a lot of exciting stuff to come from this! (thanks CJPC!) Even basic things like themes paid for via PSN can be shared freely.. the potential is huge!

I'm currently transfering PlayTV's dump to my pc to upload as I've heard people have losts install discs and cant use it. To be honest I think PlayTV is crap but hey, someone out there will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFoez View Post
    That is my thought exactly. But I HIGHLY doubt it will be that simple.

But this is great that the flood gates have opened and now the scene can really take off.

Sony just shipped my PS3 back out to me today, I sure hope they didn't upgrade it to 3.42, because it was at 3.01 when I shipped it to them.
    well typically (depending on what was wrong) Sony sends you an entirely different PS3. From what i gathered from many people they send you out a replacement system. This saves them time and (in their prospective) you time as well from them not having to fix it and return it, why not just send a working one back and fix it later. But like i said that is mainly on hardware issues.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News