Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Development Source Code and Compiling Tools Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 developer ThatOtherDev has made available PS3 development source code and compiling tools in hopes to encourage others to create PS3 homebrew applications and games.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: I donít remember by whom but Iím reasonably certain Iíve been asked for this before and I suspect there is probably a handful of people that would find this useful. So here it is.

Iíve uploaded a compressed file that contains the (admittedly outdated) compiled copy of PSL1GHT that Iíve been using (and continue to use) for all of my recent PS3 homebrew.

The archive also includes the source code for They Do Not Die 2, We Are Nowhere, The Unmapped Forest, Slime Roll, Sketch Fight, Goodbye World, Donít Get Crushed, Cascade Beneath and Avoidance. Along with the source code is all of the related media.

How to use it (well running Ubuntu):

Just add the following text at the bottom of your bashrc file.
    Code:
        ## Setup ps3toolchain environment
        export PS3DEV=/usr/local/ps3dev
        export PATH=$PATH:$PS3DEV/bin
        export PATH=$PATH:$PS3DEV/host/ppu/bin
        export PATH=$PATH:$PS3DEV/host/spu/bin
        ## Setup PSL1GHT Environment
        export PSL1GHT=$PS3DEV/psl1ght
        export PATH=$PATH:$PSL1GHT/host/bin
    Then open up the terminal and install the following libraries (some of these probably arenít really necessary but some definitely are).
    Code:
        sudo apt-get install autoconf automake bison flex texinfo libncurses5-dev gcc g++ make wget libelf-dev
        sudo apt-get install python2.6-dev python-dev zlib1g-dev libtool git-core libgmp3-dev libssl-dev pkg-config
        sudo apt-get install libcloog-ppl-dev
    Extract the contents of the above ps3dev.tgz archive to the /usr/local/ folder.

Then in the terminal just open the directory for one of the projects (such as They Do Not Die 2).
    Code:
        cd $PS3DEV/MyProjects/projects/TheyDoNotDie2
    Finally enter this to compile it (Doing make clean first would probably also be a good idea).
    Code:
        make pkg
    What I would like you to do: Make something. There is an appalling lack of original games being made in the homebrew community and I implore you to take part in changing this.

Give credit when credit is due. Donít just reskin one of the games or change a couple things and pretend that you have made something new.

PS3 Development Source Code and Compiling Tools Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice! Thanks for this! I've enjoyed your games, website, and tutorials, but haven't attempted the environment setup stuff yet. Great to have someone so helpful to future PS3 hombrew developers.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ey, thanks for sharing! I'll be using the source when I continue working on jetmen. I noticed that none of your games have sound.

In case you're interested, I found a repository to download an old version of hermes' soundlib. It works with the old version of PSL1GHT (outdated psl1ght is better ). You can find it here: github.com/Zarpas/ps3soundlib.git

Setting it up is not straightforward, contact me if you need help with that.

Hmmm... I might look into this.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News