PS3 Demo Manager v1.0 and Awesome FileManager Released
Today Waninkoko has released PS3 Demo Manager v1.0 with a guide http://www.teknoconsolas.es/foro/topic90543.html#p782886 and Comgenie has made available Awesome FileManager v0.01 homebrew application for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system followed by several updates below.
This tool for PC allows you to install PSN content in your PS3, without PSN access, creating the folder structure and files needed for it.
NOTE: It's necessary to have Jailbroken PS3 with PS3 FTP Server installed.
1. Drag the .pkg file you want to install onto the application executable.
2. If everything went ok, a folder called "00000xxx" (xxx is a random number) should be created.
3. Copy the .pkg file inside the folder.
4. Copy the entire folder in your PS3 into "/dev_hdd0/vsh/task"
5. Reboot your PS3 (without the jailbreak) and the package should appear in the GAME menu, ready to be installed.
Installation and Operation of Demo Manager 1.0
1. Download the application and copy the demomanager.exe to any folder (eg / DemoManager)
2. Download the demo you want from the network. Remember that you must be a file with. PKG (look in Google, there are several sites have them).
3. Drag the downloaded file on the file demomanager.exe demo. It will create a folder type 00000xxx (where xxx is a random number).
4. Then move the file. Pkg inside that folder.
5. We went up the folder you created with all its files to the console (via the PS3 FTP Server) to the folder / dev_hdd0/vsh/task
6. Reboot the PS3 BUT NOT EXECUTE THE EXPLOITED and we should leave the installation of the package in the game menu.
If you try to install the demo to give us a exploiteda console installation error, hence the resumption of the same has to be clean.
Awesome FileManager v0.01
This program allows you to directly manage your files on your PS3. Viewing them, moving them, and copying them. Much like you can do via FTP, but now on the PS3, without the need of using a PC and FTP program.
- When copying a file, everything 'hangs' till the copy is done.
- Copying is slow, so just wait!
- No scrolling yet
Here are the controls:
- D-Pad to navigate (up/down to navigate through files, left/right to switch the active directory listing).
- X to navigate into a directory
- O to copy the selected file (no directory) to the inactive directory listing.
-  to delete the selected file.
Updates in v0.02:
- You can now also copy directories, and delete empty directories!
- The copying speed is also improved! (From external to internal i copied 8.11GB in 15 minutes).
Updates in v0.03:
- Added Scrolling
- Added Non-empty folder deletion
- Added a security option (Normal Mode/Advanced mode) where normal mode will only allow write access in /usb_dev and /usb_hdd0/game.
- Added the ability to backup up files over 4GB to external (explanation below)
- Fixed a hang-bug with folders with many files
Updates in v0.04:
- Fix for different (SD) screens (bigger text on lower resolutions). Now the top bar is visible and text is always readable
- Added a copying progress text (which also fixed the hanging!)
- Added retrying on I/O errors while copying
- Added an about text
- Fixed several other minor bugs
Updates in v0.05:
- 0.05b hotfix: Longer names than 10 characters are now supported
- Added Confirmation Windows to prevent accidently copy and delete.
- Added filesize information
- Added Comgenie's Awesome Filesplitter (Windows)
- Added Creation of new folders
- Added Renaming of files/folders
- More fixes for different screens
- Color highlight of the selected file
Updates in v0.06:
- Added move support for faster moving files/directories instead of copy/delete.
- Added very basic LUA support (only string/math libs + echo function). Expect much more functions to be supported in next releases
- Several fixes for (again) people with different screens
Also an important note: Be careful! It is a very dangerous tool if you don't know what you're doing. I'm not responsible in any way!
So am I right in thinking this allow us to install DLC content from PSN without downloading it? We just have to copy the files to the correct location and reboot and PS3 thinks we have downloaded via legit channels?
Lol I'm lovin' the fact that I can now copy files straight from a USB to the PS3 w/o FTP (it dies constantly for me), but I'll try waiting for an update for it w/ the feature of transfering over an entire folder at a time instead of 1 part at a time.
Installing large games will be faster than using FTP, even those games with files above 4 GB, just plug in the USB HDD and install files below 4GB, then use FTP to copy only those > 4 GB files, I'm right?!
First Thx for this super program just WOW so easy to use. Can we only install demos ? Is there a way to insatll DLC or Full PSN Titles eg FF VII or Shank ? Did Some one try PSNDecrypter for pkg's from the PSP scene ?
Last edited by GotNoUsername; 09-17-2010 at 09:33 PM