Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice work indeed, but we can this not use with a full psn game. They want a License from the Psn Store. How is about a dlc ?
    Or a Demo ? Want they a license too ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the update, love this tool. Is it possible to merge the split files on our pc?

Sponsored Links

Question Awesome FileManager v0.03: Is there any way to see those files on PC?

Sponsored Links
    Hello, first of all I want to thank the developers behind these great applications. I successfully installed and have been using v0.03 to view the files. I am aware that any games that are copied from the ps3 to an external hard drive do in fact work on the back up manager once copied over.

I noticed that every file or directory that I have copied onto the external hard drive does not show any of those files on the computer. For example, files that have been written onto the external hard drive from the ps3 will show up on the external hard drive within Awesome FileManager.

However, when looking though it on the PC it does not show any of the copied files. It is as if they didn't exist. I know for a fact that the files ARE on the external drive because the PC shows that the drive has less space and when connecting the external drive back to the ps3, the files are still there.

I have attempted to format the drive using both Swiss Knife Utility and fat32format.exe (I turned on "show hidden folders/files" as well). Also, I have copied the following files to both the root of the external hard drive, as well as within folders such as "GAMEZ": (all which do not show on PC)

entire dev_flash directory
    dev_flash folders done separately
    PARAM.SFO
    ICON0.PNG
    EBOOT.BIN
    A MP3 song

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. I am aware that FTP can be used and it does work when copying files, however as we all know it is unstable for large files at the moment. Also, Awesome FileManager is pretty stable and is easier to use (considering FTPmanager often stops responding and I have to run back and forth from each room ).

I have read the post several times, so please let me know if I missed something. I just want to see if there is anyway to see those files on the PC (are the files changed in a manor that does not permit them to be seen on PC) If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by dodger010; 09-19-2010 at 03:58 AM

Try allowing your pc to see hidden files and folders.. google it!

haha so you have to sign in to PSN after downloading DLC to register the content?!

I didn't think that Sony would have left their DLC totally unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by radialman View Post
    Try allowing your pc to see hidden files and folders.. google it!
    Actually, I already enabled the "Show hidden files" prior to posting. I guess you have to also disable or uncheck the "hide protected operating system files" option as well. It would appear that the file manager sets the hidden attribute on the copied files. Thanks

Sorry, I meant that file manager does not remove the hidden and system attributes on the copied files.
    Last edited by dodger010; 09-19-2010 at 06:20 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have v0.3 installed. Can I install 0.4 on top of 0.3? If not how do I install 0.4?

It will install over the older version, so just install you did the previous ones.

Arrow

Here is version 0.05, also added to the first post with the changelog that is included.

For people having trouble with backup pkgs for some games you can install the pkg then locate the extracted contents then find the games directory /dev_hdd0/game/BLUSXXXXX/ then inside the USRDIR.

most games will have a "DLC" folder and just drag the file contents, from the extracted and drop into the DLC folder then it should be activates once you start a game the EBOOT.BIN will enable them since the files are located in the DLC folder.. So for instace if you downloaded.

Call of duty: WaW map packs the go inside the USRDIR and there should be a mappack1 mappack2 mappack3 folder and drop the correct files into each folder and you should be good to go!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News