Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.01 is Leaked, Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the previous PlayStation 3 Debug Firmware updates from last week, today Frodo The Hobbit reports that PS3 Debug / Test Firmware version 4.01 has now been leaked as well.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror: SCEA / SC3APR)

To quote, roughly translated: "Very soon after its released version 4.00 debug Sony decides to release a Firmware 4.01 for stamped its consoles Test / Debug. We remind you that this type of firmware is not installed on the consoles so-called "Retail" we just buy in the store.

No changelog available at this time. See us before long a 4.01 in our living room, only time will tell. The file is available for download if you want to update your console to Test / Debug."

As always, these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.

We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)

Finally, in related news cotojestwtf has made available a Pendrive SWAP Mod + Way to Backups PS1/PS2 and PS3 on Debug Unit guide for those interested as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

I decided to share my work. Let's started.. Pendrive SWAP Mod it's like .tiff exploit. It hangs a system when you run a game, then u can swap a PS1/PS2 Game on Retail. But on Debug Unit PS3 Game recorded to BR!

Intructions to run a PS1/PS2 Backup RETAIL/DEBUG CONSOLE ONLY:

1. Format your pendrive to fat32.
    2. Run SWAPMOD.exe and install it to your pendrive.
    3. Run the PlayStation 3.
    4. Insert original CD/DVD PS1/PS2*.
    5. Insert pendrive to PS3 USB.
    6. Go to category photos on PS3.
    7. Get in on visible device (your pendrive).
    8. Wait a one minute on that, or long.
    9. Run the original game from XMB, system will hang on your wallpaper. (BlackScreen = fail, repeat the operations)
    10. Slide the original game and insert a pirate/backup game.
    - if you running PS2 game, insert backup/pirate game from PS2.
    - if you running PS1 game, insert backup/pirate game from PS1.
    11. Remove a pendrive.
    12. Now if you swapped a discs, PS3 will run the backup/pirate game.

*You can run PS2 games if your Unit have a compatible. Exploit still works on OFW 4.00

Intructions to run a PS3 Backup DEBUG CONSOLE ONLY:

1. Go to Debug Seetings
    2. Search a NPDRM Debug option - set No Entitlement (80029513)
    3. So now u just must do same things, they are listed above. But you swpp now a original PS3 game with pirate/backup game.

Note: BACKUP GAMES FOR PS3 MUST BE RECORDED ON BLURAY DISC.! OR IT WONT WORK

Tested on OFW Debug 4.01

Sony PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.01 is Leaked, Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I compared the dev_flash directories between debug fw 4.00 and debug fw 4.01, and all the .rco and .xml have not changed. So if 4.01 gets released as a retail update it will almost certainly not introduce any new features.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes and you really think that the new features are only related to the .rco/.xml...

Hi everyone, i really don't know much about this, but i'm interested in learning and thanks for the news

Sony PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.10 Update is Now Available

Following up on the previous leak, this weekend the Sony PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.10 update has surfaced for both PlayStation 3 collectors and developers from an anonymous source.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

As always, keep in mind these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.

We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)

Sony PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.10 Update is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabnab View Post
    Yes and you really think that the new features are only related to the .rco/.xml...
    Most (almost all) of the text / images for the XMB, are held in the rco files. And the majority of the entire XMB layout is defined in the xml files with the exception of the "Settings" column. And therefore MOST of the XMB is defined in .rco and .xml files. And any new useable features will most likely be referenced somewhere in the XMB. So it is very unlikely that any new features will not be referenced in the .rco or .xml files.

But there is still a slim chance that a feature may not be referenced in the .rco or .xml files, which is why I said and I quote: will almost certainly not introduce any new features."

Almost certainly" means not a complete probability. Don't mock me.

does anyone know if there is a way to make 4.10 debug on a retail console more stable by copying some dev_flash files from 4.10 OFW when i run a app in retail mode it produces a error and when i try to run them in debug mode the console reboots..

Banned User
    Yeah I noticed that too, debug fw doesn't like being HDD swapped.

Finally my nor flasher is being posted to me in the mail. And I've made my first build for a 4.10 HFW but no way to test it until my flasher arrives. FYI I'm going to look into using the debug VSH.self again, after thinking it over and reading specific claims, I realised, some *people* (don't worry arktos I'm not talking about you) had either intentionally or unintentionally posted wrong info about the debug VSH.self which put me off trying to find a way to implement it in 4.00.

I have an idea where to start for 4.10, but I will know for sure when I get my nor flasher. I did make some progress with using the debug vsh.self in 4.00. It boots and loads application, but it crashes when trying to quit an application. Hey technodon if your interested in my debug vsh 4.00 progress PM me.
    Last edited by ps3hen; 02-13-2012 at 11:02 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Do Debug/Test PS3s run homebrew and backups?

If so then instead of trying to make a CFW why not just try to convert this firmware to run on a retail console? Wouldn't that be the smarter and easier way to go?

There must be a flag or something stopping this firmware from installing. We just need to change that.

Banned User
    It's on my list.

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News