Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Could be indeed... I know they keep changing the passes to the Press sites that have them so perhaps Sony is finally catching on.

Examples of some old ones are below:

extra.gameloft.net
    /mkg_pub/
    Press / HGfsds58

sony1.trimm.nl
    Linden / JBgvIz

The irony is we actually contacted Sony directly a few years ago, told them we are a game news site and so on and they gave us the Press information below which still works to this day... although they no longer keep Debug updates there last I checked.

[Register or Login to view links]
    SCEA / SC3APR

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I know this is very old news but just incase it means anything to anyone im going to mention it - I just went onto the press site above and got a 3.72 debug update patch off there and it was 98MB?

When this news came out about debug 3.72 everyone was saying it was only 10MB and seemed to be corrupt, maybe this was why?

P.S. Looks like sony isnt catching on at all as this is on the press site above right now - maybe they are catching with the newer updates though, if there even are any newer versions of debug out yet, as far as I know they are always a version or two behind retail.
    Last edited by DeVil3o3; 01-12-2012 at 12:53 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the update DeVil3o3 and +Rep, and although it's old now with 3.74 leaked I will still add it to the download section, etc.

For those seeking it (requires the SCEA press login above):

PS3 Debug Firmware Update 3.72: [Register or Login to view links]

PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 3.74 and 4.00 Updates Surface

For those who own PS3 Debug / Test consoles or are simply into collecting PlayStation 3 file leaks, recently PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 3.74 surfaced alongside version 4.00 from Sony's North American Press Web site.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

If you didn't know, the address to their Press site is [Register or Login to view links] and Sony offers free access to all members of the press there using SCEA / SC3APR to login and obtain the latest press releases and related files.

Finally, keep in mind these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.

We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)

Special Thanks to ConsoleDev for the heads-up on the news tip!

PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 3.74 and 4.00 Updates Surface

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    Well isn't that perfect timing with everything else going on, SWEET! thanks for the great news!

thats mad for those lucky enough to have debug units.. good news.

It's a good news, but in reality debug firmwares is useless since the 3.55 version (used to build rebug cfw).

I think those leaks don't bring anything new to the scene.

In my opinion it's not a great news because all details (userid and pass) were published so sony can easily block this account and all owners of unofficial test unit can say goodbye to this simple way to get new debug firmwares.

It would have been better to publish only the leaked debug firmware than all these details.
    Last edited by Ezio; 01-16-2012 at 04:42 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Yes I definitely agree with this side of the Debug PUP leaks, sources should be protected at all costs, would be better just to announce that the PUPs are out and not post exact details of the source of the leaks.

The name is SCEA, which stands for "Sony Computer Entertainment America", so blocking that... well, let's just say it wouldn't be the most silly thing we've seen them done before.

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News