Changes from the PS3 Debug Firmware 3.20 Update ReadMe File include:
New Features - System Software (GUI)
- The resolution for 3D video output has been supported. In this release, the 3D rendering is supported by the following features:
- Features that support the 3D rendering:
- Features that the system displays such as the system software that is displayed when the PS button is pressed during gameplay(GUI), or notification or error messages displayed on the upper right on the screen
- Features that do not support the 3D rendering: System utilities that are explicitly called by game applications such as the save data
Note that the display may be corrupted in all GUIed system utilities when the 3D resolution is set.
Menu of the System Software (GUI)
- [Settings] -> [Debug Settings] -> [3D Video Output]: [Automatic]/On
Do not use this menu item because it is only available on the devkit.
Specification Changes - Check menu in the Game column
- The following specification changes have been mage in the check that is available from the Check menu in the Game column:
- It is now allowed to mix a library for SDK320 and a library for SDK310.
- It now warns if the SDK version of the SPU is smaller than that of the PPU.
- The automatic setting feature now supports the resolution for the 3D video output through Display Settings -> Video Output Settings. To output a 3D video, make sure to set the Display settings again.
Also, do not forget to select "HDMI" for the TV terminal and "Automatic" for the resolution from the Display Settings.
Finally, if anyone has access to SCE DevNet and can share files with our community please contact us and you will be rewarded with Premium Accounts, PayPal, etc. Thanks!
Nope, if you try to install it on a Retail PS3 it will give you error 8002F029. So basically it only works on PS3 Debug consoles, at least for the present time.
If EgoHot detailed how to dump lv2 so that other Devs could dump and share it then further progress could be made towards Debug Firmware on Retail consoles, but right now all he's doing is posting pictures of RCO Edits so hopefully someone else will end up sharing with the community to move forward.
omg, for the first time ever, ps3 debug/test firmware has higher number than its retail counterpart. Great Job, PS3news. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to test the long-awaited 3D video output setting. Could be a good preview of the upcoming 3D firmware due in summer.
Originally Posted by livpool
would someone with a debug and this FW be able to test it and tell us what kinds of TV's 3D works with? or is this not the right FW for that yet?
I bet you need a LED TV (120hz) for 3D content. I will test it out with my LED TV and report back when I get a chance to grab that 3.20 debug firmware. btw, Got another CECHA00 60gb debug coming in a few days.
Last edited by zhixiang; 03-29-2010 at 05:08 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost
"EgoHot" is truly a genius in hacking. He's achieved r/w access to flash/NAND on a retail unit. It would be really helpful for the community if he could share his kungfu on ps3 hacking.
Originally Posted by livpool
my LED TV is 100hz motion plus, i'm guessing thats not enough?
not sure, but you can't install this 3.20 debug unless you have a debug unit. So I guess you will have to wait for the retail counterpart or get yourself a debug unit. Believe me, if you look carefully enough, they are not hard to find in most cases.
Last edited by zhixiang; 03-29-2010 at 05:18 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost