Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    Are the Downgrader PUP's leaked?
    They were leaked from Sony long ago to Devs, but more recently the 1.5 Downgrade PUP was also leaked more publically... if memory serves me right, a user in the Debug Forum actually posted on it awhile back.
    Please put 1.50 on ps3 News if possible!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a few retail ps3's. One launch 60gb, one 80gb back ware and one 80gb non back ware. I'm a new user here so I won't be getting the debug firmware for a few days, but when I do finally have enough activity here (and I will work on this) i'm going to donate my 80gb non back ware to test if we can somehow get a functioning debug menu to downgrade on a retail.

If anyone has any information on the hard drive swap please post back here and let me know. I'll be searching for any success stories. The more we all pull together and combined our knowledge and experience the better change we got. Who knows were this could lead us! (also while testing the install i'll look into removing the debug firmware incase others do have success but lose some functions)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by luisfg3 View Post
    Please put 1.50 on ps3 News if possible!
    This wasn't the post I had in mind, but here is one post of someone who claims to have the 1.5 downgrade PUP: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-de...tml#post290334

If I run across the other I was thinking of I will link to it here, I'm sure sooner or later the 1.5 PUP will be added to the Debug FW Archive though.

great news. Although 3.20 would be good enough for us debug owners since it retains the other OS option, does 3.21 add any new feature to the debug unit in any way?

Yep, it's mainly for collectors... at least until Debug FW 3.30 is added to the archive.

According to the official changelog, 3.21 doesn't add anything new though.

Banned User
    the real method for downgrade is the manager TRM,that system check and value more thinks how for example actual fw if 3.xx then show error(that fw is more actual)or read a flag version target FWD or FWR.

Mount,read,erase the raw fw flash...yes the real fw is only a raw mount and cipher.

vtrm mount,read,and delete that cipher and compare the core_os,kernel headers,repository and more....for it when old time install 2.10dev into retail only instal vshmain and no the core_os,trm see dont real flag FWR and dont install the core FWD.

1saludo

this is excellent news, as I can't use the PSN Store to use my credit since I am running an old OS so as to keep otherOS. Now I can temporarily upgrade knowing I can go back.

thanks!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
    this is excellent news, as I can't use the PSN Store to use my credit since I am running an old OS so as to keep otherOS. Now I can temporarily upgrade knowing I can go back.
    Nope.. Don't upgrade if you mean a retail console! This only allows the test/debug unit to downgrade. Not the retail. So there is no temporary upgrade. At the moment it will be VERY permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    Are the Downgrader PUP's leaked?
    All the debug firmwares since 2.17 onwards certainly can be used to downgrade. There's an explicit release of the 1.80 debug firmware for downgrading as the original 1.80 firmware didn't support downgrading, so possibly any debug firmware after 1.80 supports downgrading but I'm not sure on that.

As jabberosx said, this does NOT apply to retail kits.
    Last edited by tragedy; 06-07-2010 at 07:01 PM Reason: Added clarification I'm talking about debug firmwares

Quote Originally Posted by tragedy View Post
    All the debug firmwares since 2.17 onwards certainly can be used to downgrade. There's an explicit release of the 1.80 debug firmware for downgrading as the original 1.80 firmware didn't support downgrading, so possibly any debug firmware after 1.80 supports downgrading but I'm not sure on that.

As jabberosx said, this does NOT apply to retail kits.
    I'm pretty sure shummyr is referring to the special downgrade release of the 1.00 and 1.50 PUP's, not the normal 2.0 and above PUP's that can also be used to downgrade.

Of course, the 1.00 and 1.50 ones are special as they allow retail PKG's to be installed on a Debug Unit, while above 1.60 prevents this.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News