Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Debug Firmware Update 2.52 Now Available!

Sponsored Links
    Over a month ago papa44 made mention HERE that he was planning to share PS3 Debug Firmware Update 2.52 with our community. Sadly, after stating he was uploading it he never replied again... and to date has been online only lurking.

Just recently I ran across it myself, but since it didn't come with any documentation all I had was a PS3UPDAT.PUP file that WinHex showed as being "2.52" (122 MB - 128,615,182 bytes).

The good news is, CJPC was able to successfully install and confirm for us that it is indeed a legitimate PS3 2.52 Debug Firmware update file, and as a result we have now added it to our PS3 Debug Firmware section for those interested!

Some changes CJPC noticed during his brief time testing it out were as follows: It now includes Network emulation and you can now save the PUP files on the PS3 HDD and access them later.

For example, if you click System Update, then Install from HDD, it will give you a list of PUPs stored on the HDD which can be installed. Additionally, all of the PS3 2.52 dev_flash files (even the hidden ones) such as the SPRX's, etc are dumpable again... needless to say they are all encrypted.

However, these in particular are interesting as they hint of PS2 emulation coming:
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 PS3News PS3News 1824040 2009-02-04 12:27 ps2_emu.self
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 PS3News PS3News 2130120 2009-02-04 12:27 ps2_gxemu.self
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 PS3News PS3News 2057048 2009-02-04 12:27 ps2_softemu.self
    Finally, those with Retail PS3 consoles with Firmware higher than the last (public) 2.30 Debug Firmware (but still under 2.52) can now update to the 2.52 Debug Firmware to check out the non-functional menu options if desired, and then update to [Register or Login to view links] when you get bored or wish to play Blu-ray movies again.

For those seeking to install Debug Firmware on their Retail PS3 console, here are some handy links on how to do it: Install Debug Firmware on a Retail PS3 system, How to Install Debug Firmware on a Retail PS3, and How to Install Debug Firmware on Retail PS3 with 1 HDD. Enjoy!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Thanks, i will test it this evening after work for sure

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think earlier versions had emulation of the PS2 but was not activated.

Ya, this just covers the changes CJPC noted since his last Debug Firmware update... specifically, what is new to him.

Smile

hum, i think it's for debug model after DECH

i have DECHA00A and it's not usefull for me because this model have hardware emulation

nice, im going to test it right away!

Quote Originally Posted by KainZ7 View Post
    nice, im going to test it right away!
    Out of curiousity, on a Retail or Debug PS3?

Just nice to know who has a Debug console here, for future testing etc.

@ cjpc thanks for the update

things seem to be slowing a bit?

i haven't read much lately, same at ps2dev.. any info on where those ps3tools went to? did you get one?

im thinking sony is just waiting for the sale of ps2 to drop so they can allow the ps2 emulator on the ps3... if so then i guess it is a smart move.

I'm so happy with this update.. Today after work I will install this updat immediately..

Thanks Guys

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast