Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS3 Debug 3.40 + 3.41 (Static) PSGroove Payload

Hey guys,

I've just downloaded the PS3 Debug 3.40 + 3.41 (Static) PSGroove Payload, and don't know how to update my PS3 Debug to 3.41. Do I have to use a CPP Program to compile the C File with the included H File? any help, or is there a thread? Can't seem to find one that'll help, thanks.

First off you need the ps3 3.41 debug update, then the Folder structure:

ROOT OF DRIVE/PS3/UPDATE/UPDATE.PUP

Just get a psgroove source and copy the psgroove.c and descriptor.h from your debug JIG response pack into the psgroove folder. It will overwrite the existings files then you can compile the source to a HEX file for your desired modchip.

RichDevX's supposed dev payload isn't real. I tried for ages to get it to work, and nothing ever came of it. In the end I did a file comparison between RichDevX's 3.41 payload and those of the original psgroove. They were the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by inspuration View Post
    RichDevX's supposed dev payload isn't real. I tried for ages to get it to work, and nothing ever came of it. In the end I did a file comparison between RichDevX's 3.41 payload and those of the original psgroove. They were the exact same.
    Not sure, I have not tested it, but I do know the files differed slightly, namely a handful of bytes in each file, the rest was identical - with the exception that all of the payload was essentially stripped out, leaving only peek/poke.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    Just get a psgroove source and copy the psgroove.c and descriptor.h from your debug JIG response pack into the psgroove folder. It will overwrite the existings files then you can compile the source to a HEX file for your desired modchip.
    Ok explain where i get a ps3groove source? And what a debug JIG response pack?

Every where on the net. Google is your teacher

And what the debug JIG response pack will be you should know. Because your posting in the thread here. I just don't have used the same description as here will be used.

One question please http://presscenter.playstation.com/ this site have debug updates?

They do, but they are restricted... so not accessible even with a Press pass (we have one) for that site.

Someone help out an idiot?

Hey guys,

Could one of you help a girl out?? I have a PS3 test unit and want to play New Vegas but need to update to 3.41, currently it's on 3.40... I really don't understand what it is I need to do to update it?

Could someone explain, bearing in mind I haven't really understood anything I've read about it so far! I thought I just had to download a file onto a usb and stick it into my ps3... Owe ya a million!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast