Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb PS3 Custom Soundtracks on Games Using PS JailBreak

Sponsored Links
    I wanted to start a thread just for PS3 Custom Soundtrack thoughts and ideas, as i've seen very little talk about it. With PS3 FTP access I feel like we're close to being able to potentially enable PS3 Custom Soundtracks on any games using PS JailBreak.

Please share any thoughts or ideas you guys might have. Or even just speak up and let the community know how bad a lot of us want this feature.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I guess we can use this as a "project" thread here even though it isn't about a working PS3 hack thus far... hopefully it will remain on topic or we'll have to close it, time will tell.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Perhaps the switch to enable this is embedded deeper in the param.sfo then we have access to...
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I guess we can use this as a "project" thread here even though it isn't about a working PS3 hack thus far... hopefully it will remain on topic or we'll have to close it, time will tell.
    Thank you for the consideration
    Last edited by hirokitanaka; 09-27-2010 at 12:28 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i don't see why you'd want to do this..

i changed the coldboot sound for cfw - even though it doesn't really boot it lol.

I want to play games like gta iv and play my own music from the hard drive. I can't understand why people wouldn't want the option to use their own music in game if they could.

On some games, music is stored in 'psarc compressed file format'. Try decompressing music.psarc (for example), and I am sure you will find the music there, but it will be in OGG Format. Now convert mp3 files to ogg, rename them, replace them, and voila. You got custom soundtracks.

Some games already support this, but I would like to see all games support it with a hack if possible. On a side note, I successfully added custom gameboot (snd0.at3) sounds (and pictures) for the backup manager, the snes emu, and the ftp server, but what I'm after is enabling in game xmb music access for any game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckluka View Post
    On some games, music is stored in 'psarc compressed file format'. Try decompressing music.psarc (for example), and I am sure you will find the music there, but it will be in OGG Format. Now convert mp3 files to ogg, rename them, replace them, and voila. You got custom soundtracks.
    Your idea is fantastic and I will try it, however what I was hoping for was the xmb hdd soundtrack access. Thanks for your suggestion! The method you mention would be a good alternative if it works and there's no other way.
    Last edited by hirokitanaka; 09-27-2010 at 04:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

great idea, like imagine playing fifa 11 with that awful comentry and pressing home button firing up some coldplay and still playing fifa... ya ! comeon lets get some amazing ppl to make this happen.

This is a feature I've been praying for.

You need the Sony´s official ps3sys.exe !! With that you can edit the PARAM.SFO and under the tab advanced parameter you can set the option for "XMB (in game) [] Enable BGM"

With that option you can activate in game music

Tested it on Singularity and got a player saying can't start to time, will start as soon as possible (such things)

Normally you get a message saying its not possible to play music will gaming.

Have fun guys...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News