Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

My 256 nand console supports cfw, as a matter of fact im on cfw right now. There has been ONE cfw that doesnt work with 256 nand systems, i repeat ONE cfw. And if people would read before writing, this has already been explained thats how i knew i could do it.

well i seen a graph off all ps3 types and the once with 256 were said to be bricked after updating. So this is what i heard, i have a fat 40 gig with 256nand, and wondering if i could update it with 3.55 CFW, i don't wanna brick console, dont know when i brick it i can restore it.

has anybody heard of any backup managers working or being worked on for this?

Well backups is the only issue with this firmware then, I will wait till tommorow to see if there is a backup manager available, if not I will install the wininkoko Firmware that should support my ps3 (cechl04) but im still to scary right now

If your ps3 is on the list of the compatibles, then you can update it with no worry. My CECHK01 is working very well, I'm happy with Waninkoko's CFW. I just don't like that kind of people who don't know nothing and keep attacking developers.

Does this allow usage of Back-Up managers?

Not willing to risk using Waninkoko CFW with reports of bricks.

When all said and done, these firmwares are FREE - you try them at your own risk. The people involved in these projects put lots of time and thought into them and would obviously test before posting.

This is 'hacking' - there are no real instructions.

Ok, my PS3 Slim works again. I removed the HDD and created a new one. thanks for the help.

So you did stuff up the install the only Bricking with Wutangrza's CFW is this guy who has resolved by re formatting, probably a resolution change or something on the PS3...

and for the record please can people post model numbers if there is a problem for the benefit of others?

Anyone tried the new Multiman release on this CFW and confirm it is working ok?

Yesterday we reported that Wutangrza released a PS3 Custom Firmware with LV1 / LV2 Peek and Poke support, and following it up today http://kmeaw.com/tmp/lv2.pkg on IRC has made available a BM Enabler LV2 PKG and BM Enabler LV2 V2 PKG followed by BM Enabler LV2 V3 PKG and BM Enabler LV2 V4 PKG (fixes some crashes by disabling patches) for Wutangrza's PS3 CFW, Kmeaw LV2 Patcher Source Code (https://github.com/kmeaw/lv2patcher) along with a PS3 CFW LV2 Patch with already patched full version downloads below.

Downloads: PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #1) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #2) / (patched PUP - Mirror #3) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #4) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched Wutangrza kmeaw (patched PUP - Mirror #5) / PS3 Firmware 3.55 Compatible Homebrew Apps & Games / FIX PERMISSIONS Wutangrza GeoHot CFW 3.55 and FIX PERMISSIONS Waninkoko Kmeaw CFW 3.55 by festizio / PS3 CFW Installation & Playing Guide by TheSparky

PUP MD5: 2be5e87a22bf1e7f48e98fcabd38977b
    PUP SHA1: f83444560221ffba4ed0e0689fbc2cf993dc64ec

From the ReadMe File: Disclaimer: This package is for demonstration use only, or for running your own made software (homebrew). We do noit condone piracy and are not responsible of the small chance you may brick.

Original FW PUP md5 before patching: ca595ad9f3af8f1491d9c9b6921a8c61
    Patched PUP md5 after patching: 2be5e87a22bf1e7f48e98fcabd38977b

If you are on Wutangrza+geohot fw, you don't need to flash the new firmware, just install the package, and run it every time the ps3 boots before running apps that need PL3. Otherwise, it is suggested that you upgrade to 3.55, Upgrade to this patched PUP, then install the lv2.pkg.

This is only until apps are updated to include this patch themselves, as then you won't need to run the patcher on every boot.

For Stock ps3's

1. update to official 3.55
    2. bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3CFW.PUP patchfile
    3. Delete PS3UPDAT.PUP
    4. Rename PS3CFW.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and that's it! You're ready to install
    5. Install lvl2.pkg
    6. Launch backups with manager

How to:
    • Download 3.55 OFW, the CFW patch file, the LV2 patch pkg and geohot's CFW.
    • Install (or restore) OFW 3.55 - recovery mode may be needed.
    • Patch the OFW 3.55 .PUP file using the 'bspatch' utility: bspatch PS3UPDAT_OFW.PUP PS3UPDAT.PUP cfw_wutangrza
    • Confirm that the resulting .PUP has this md5 sum: 05933bb7a89bee87b0aa45c74f980e81
    • Update to the newly created .PUP by moving it onto a storage device into the PS3/UPDATE directory.
    • Now, update to geohot's CFW from XMB.
    • Install the LV2 package by moving it onto a storage device into the root directory and installing it from XMB ('Install Package')
    • Done, you may now install multiMAN and run backups - remember that you have to run the PL3 package after each boot.

A summary of the differences from http://psx-scene.com/forums/694792-post1.html: "kmeaw's CFW is different from FLUKES1 and Wutangrza and anyone elses. Basically kmeaws CFW has peek/poke and allows you to bypass PKG checks, like how it used to work on 3.41 . Therefore you don't need to sign stuff like Geohots CFW.

Wutangrza's CFW is basically what flukes1 released it just has peek/poke enabled but you can't install PKG's. Geohot's CFW can be installed over the top on Wutangrza's CFW and allows you to install special signed PKG's. This LV2.pkg patch can be loaded from any CFW that has peek/poke, and adds syscalls for backup managers etc.

SUMMARY: On Wutangrza's/Geohot Firmware you have to use pkg's signed with geohots tools. On Kmeaw's Firmware you can install any pkg. Like the ones from 3.41 and ones signed with geohot tools."

From http://dukio.com/pl3-file-permissions-fix-in-kmeaw-cfw-solve-freeze-backups.html on FIX PERMISSIONS: It seems that a lot of folks are having issues installing and running backups on there Ps3′s due to the bug in PL3 that effects file permissions. Here is what I have been doing to get around the black screen hangs and disc read errors.

1. fire up multiman, blackb0x, whatever ftp & transfer your backup
    2. run your lv2 pkg of choice
    3. run the fix permissions app that is installed from running the package located above

The app will go through the HD and correct the file permission errors that come with using PL3. I have been using this method after each game backup I install, however if you install (ftp/copy) 5 at a time the app only needs to be run once and it will fix all 5 games as it does its magic to the entire drive.
    Now as far as USB, hampster driven HD's etc I can not say as I do not have any of the above so I have not tested it myself.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/539568-post1.html has updated Open Manager v1.17.3 (Compiled) for PS3 which now includes a package with signed self to be installable on kmeaw's MFW.

Finally, hacked2123 has completed the PS3 JailBreak Game Non-Compatibility/Solutions List for those following its development!

Greets modmate

PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 Backup Manager Patched by Kmeaw!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast