Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by stevienut View Post
    try permission fix from page 4 the file is there to download, this should work for you also you will need to run all games that have any file over 4 gig on internal you can use software to split files over 4 gig to external drive then transfer them onto internal but you can't play games with files over 4 gig from external drive.
    Hmmm that same error with permission fix.. quite strange.

Managed to get everything else working, even playing a backup of some crummy game (3GB from external)

Bummer about not being able to play 4GB+ games from external though, the PS3 only has a small HHD

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Guys, I was thinking... it would be possible backup all the "dev_flash" on 3.55 firmware by Wutangrza and use it via "USB Firmware Loader 0.3 by JaiCrab" on 3.41..?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by acelove View Post
    Hmmm that same error with permission fix.. quite strange.

Managed to get everything else working, even playing a backup of some crummy game (3GB from external)

Bummer about not being able to play 4GB+ games from external though, the PS3 only has a small HHD
    when you run permission fix you wont see anything happen if i remember correctly your screen will go blank for a few minutes then back to normal when its done its job.

I get the error during installation - it's not a problem though tbh, i'd rather split and copy than FTP the files over

Thanks anyways - much appreciated

Now is someone can have the PS3 read NTFS, also a PSX Emu for Wutangrza would be great too

I figured out my issue with not being able to run pkgs!!

Turns out it was an issue with the bluray drive. The last time I had it apart, I didn't put a piece back correctly so it was stuck on trying to load a disc (every time I'd start up the machine it would try to pull a disc in that wasn't there).

So just a heads up, if you're getting black screens and have issues with your bluray drive you may want to check into that first.

no probs remember just because a game is over 4 gig that don't mean you can't play of external drive, as long as any one file is not over 4 gig you will be fine.

I can play backed up originals, but can't play downloaded games. How I must put them to external hdd to play them, or what i'm doing wrong? Somebody can help? My game is in ext. GAMES/FUEL/

Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by stevienut View Post
    no probs remember just because a game is over 4 gig that don't mean you can't play of external drive, as long as any one file is not over 4 gig you will be fine.
    Oh!! I didn't realise that, so even though the files are split on the external (if obviously non of them are above 4GB) then they'll play?

if I try and play a bluray after running the lv2-v2 pkg it will show up as a data disc in the video section (having a ps3 game folder structure), running multiman will return it to normal (showing the thumbnail etc) but the "data is corrupted" when trying to run. but if I just reboot and don't use the lv2-v2 pkg they play fine.

Just a heads up if anyone is confused by this too.

I played an un-patched game using Multiman, just placed the contents in GAMEZ folder on the root of the external..

Not sure which backup manager you're using though, also I've spotted around that you can't play patched EBOOT files, must be original - Hope that helps.

Sponsored Links

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News