Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its advisable to run the "FIX_PERMISSIONS" package every time you FTP a game over to the internal drive, apparently 'some' ftp clients change the permissions on the PS3 and can cause games to black screen or have issues when trying to save games.

if you only ftp one game over run the fix once, if you ftp over several game just run the fix once. whether its 1 game or several games you just need to run the fix once.

hope this helps you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    with fix permissions you should only need to run once, that worked for me but have read others saying they need to run every time they want to load a backup or they have freezing issues.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Not sure if you saw THIS post or if it will help, but it does deal with Heavy Rain so worth a peek perhaps.
    Run game from internal hdd 3.55cfw (Game works on usb after all the installing and updating). I had the same problem with heavy rain freezing when i tried to update it online. So how i fixed it was i started the game like normal skiped the online updates and installed the game to my hdd.

Then restarted the ps3 and loaded up the game once agine and when it prompted me to install updates i hit yes and success.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by young blade View Post
    Guys I don't understand step 2.. Please help..
    some screenshots

* fireup CMD - type cd c:\bsdiff (rename folder and put all required files into this folder)
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG   4.JPG  

I only have to run it once, because once it fixed the files, there's no need to run it again, only when you put new stuff on the HDD.

I can play backed up originals, but can't play downloaded games. How I must put them to external hdd to play them, or what i'm doing wrong? Somebody can help?

Thanks, I get an error when running though.

If it's only for FTP then I might not need it.. Hoping just to use external hard drive only (thats if i can find out how to get games bigger than 4GB on it)

Finally it works. But still no playback... I can't play anything "Playback of BDs is prohibited on this system"

I've tried recover original 3.50 data backup but Playback of BDs is prohibited. Do anybody who has problems with BD Playback, fix it after this new firmware?

try permission fix from page 4 the file is there to download, this should work for you also you will need to run all games that have any file over 4 gig on internal you can use software to split files over 4 gig to external drive then transfer them onto internal but you can't play games with files over 4 gig from external drive.

I still can't run PSN games, is "signed and unsigned pkgs are compatible" confirmed?

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News