Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Coragin View Post
    1. The way this firmware is set up right now, is it possible to write you're own backup manager that will in fact work with this firmware as is?
    Yes, if you know how to code one, or edit for this matter, you can write it up and sign it with provided PC GUIs, all assuming you've followed the steps to enable peek/poke through Wutan's CFW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coragin View Post
    2. What exactly does this with the Geohot patch add? Install package files? App Game?
    It only adds Install package files as of now but it does not allow the running of backups. What Wutangrza has done is created his own CFW with peek/poke allowed which, in turn, allows the backup managers to run.

If you're going to install it however, it's suggested that you install GeoHotz's CFW first, then 'upgrade' to OFW3.55, go into recovery mode and upgrade to Wutangrza's, and finally upgrade via XMB back to Geohot's.

Finally I'd like to add that I followed the process above on my 160gb Slim and it worked like a charm

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is no need to install Geohot cfw prior to OFW. If you want to install a CFW just make sure you are on OFW first. And also the recovery menue is just needed in very rare events. I did 3 PS3 so far direct from xmb , all consoles running Geohot CFW. I go back to OFW 3.55 and then to Waninkoko CFW. All runs fine.

Greets Modmate

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hey can you send me the the cfw cuz i'm having problems making the patch.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Please read before posting, the full (already patched) PS3 CFW PUP file is linked (and mirrored several times) in the first post.

oh so it's already patched i dont have to do anything to it besides have ofw 3.55 and then install that one over it.

erm... noob question. how do i know this worked? i dled and installed the patched PUP to my PS3 but i don't see anything different from OFW. Installed gehot CFW over it but still not sure if it has the Wutagrza CFW behind it.

Thx! But i'll wait sometimes before i test it. I wouldn't like it does like waninkoko's cfw.

what are the to pkg files?

PS3 LV1 Dumper PKG
    PS3 LV2 Protection Remove PKG

do i use them after i update OFW/CFW/GEO or are these already in the compiled CFW?

does this support the fat old PS3 with 256MB ... ?

this works great on the old fat which have 256MB working great on my old 60gb, just waiting for a backup manager to come by.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News